Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The First Simplicity's

cleatusj

Thanks for the link Keith! I've let quite a few of the those old walkers slip through my hands,even a couple of the 7-8hp units. Next one that comes by I just might nab and hang on to! Larry

I may not agree with his outlook on the future but he has some good info. Here's one on sizeing tractors. http://www.endtimesreport.com/Five_Sizes_Furnish.html

Hi, Thanks for the link. I have seen a lot of the Simp and Ward 2 wheel tractors and have several, but have never seen the hood on one. Even in a pic. Looking at the last page this must have been in the 30s as they are still advertising the portable crank grinders etc. This what the company built starting in I believe 1926. Al Eden

I have the wards 1 wheeler tractor here.It was built by simplicity and I believe that it was the first model made by simplicity.Might be the next project this year. Bob

Bob, How about posting a picture. I think I have a very early 2 wheeler. It has the cast iron clutch handle like the one in the ad. It also has a cast iron gear case and 1 speed Al

I found this manual on the Simplicity tech pub site just before they locked everyone out. It is of the Simplicity Culti-Cutter one wheel with a 1hp engine and is dated 1945. If anyone would like a copy I could email it.