Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

11 hp Briggs on 4211

JeffinIA

Recently acquired another 4211 from another member for a parts tractor but am thinking maybe its in to good of shape to part out, I got it running but its missing some of the carb/governor linkage. I have everything and most of it is on but dont know where it all goes and my repair books dont show a clear pic of everything also have looked at the briggs site with no luck. anybody got a Briggs model # 252707 type 0130 11 hp I could get a pic off of? I repowered my other 4211 with a newer 13 hp and the linkage is different. Thanks in advance Jeff

Download this: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_3478_00_LT_A_SecB.pdf In there is a Model 14XXXX vertical shaft engine. It is pretty close graphically on what you have and shows the single wire throttle/choke.

I hope that this is what you are looking for. Sorry for all the dirt. Ron E.
[img]/club2/attach/Carverron/4211 Cable Setup 01 001 (408 x 306).jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Carverron/4211tractormower408x306.jpg[/img]

BLT Thanks for the info, There were 2 wires on mine and didn`t look right so I will go with 1 and see how it acts.Had it running on carb cleaner to make sure it would fire , now I`ll hook up some fresh gas to it and see what happens;) Ron I`m not sure what you did wrong . You could email me the pics and I could try to post them or I could just look at them:D And thanks for the welcomes I`ve been here for awhile I just havent had a simplicity project for awhile, But now I do so this old 4211 might become interesting before it done8D

Ron the first problem is the spaces and symbols () in your file name. the second are you sure what file you uploaded. The file name indacates a 4211 tractor.

I will try this again. I renamed the file with no spaces. Sorry for the mistakes. Ron
[img]/club2/attach/Carverron/cable4211.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
I guess What I needed was the small spring behind the throttle plate that connects the throttle cable tang to the governor rod. I finally remembered that is how it all works and have a spring on order but am trying to make one that will work. Thanks to all that have helped, My carb doesn`t have the chokea matic so I dont think its original equip. My other 4211 did have a chokeamatic on its 11 hp but I put that motor on a murry and sold it when I did my repower. Guess I need to find somemore donor tractors as my parts supply is getting low LOL Have a good day all

Ok Got it running on its own today , Just need to adjust the high speed on it and it should be OK . My wife thinks Im nuts because I love to get dead things running again , but I guess I dont need to explain myself here;) heres a shot of it just after I took a little ride around the driveway [IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/JeffinIA/Shop/4211running686x451.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/JeffinIA/Shop/42110011040x684.jpg[/IMG] And no I cant take credit for the custom paint job on the rims:D

They didnt rub whjen I took it for a spin around the driveway, I`ve never seen 8" before either and am looking for a set of 6" tires and rims for it. Anybody wanna trade? 1 of the tires is brand new as of yesterday. Their 5 rib tires

The two wires are for the ignition kill. You should have one coming from the tractor harness, and one going to the magneto. Without both, the tractor won't shut off. Interesting look with the 8 inch rims- where are you at in IA? I'm out in Ames...

Marengo/Amana here. welcome. my bro. boy mows with one like that. nice little starter tractor. but he likes my 97 simp. better and is saving his money to take it off my hands. just tell the wife it investment. good luck

nateB17010 . I picked this up for parts for my other 4211 that Ive had for over 20 years and yes It was my 1st tractor. I just had to try to get this to run , Its just something to play with:D Right now Ive got 5 riders 2 simplicitys 2 wheelhorses and a 445 JD