Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
christopher

23d

christopher
My 64 landlord engine stopped on me yesterday and lo and behold no oil. after it cooled down I tore it down but it was not set up. the piston, rings and cylinder look fine. the rod and crank look OK except for the bearing? on each side. I was shocked to see that there were no bearings in the alluminum side covers. these have some wear right in the middle between the two oil journals and in the same place on the crank. are these fixable or OK? I would guess that they are near Impossible to find. has anyone tried to bore and press a bushing, there doesn't seem to be one now. any help or suggestions appreciated, Thanks. Chris Thompson

I just did a Briggs model 19 about 6 months ago and the bearing end plates are still available from Briggs. i ordered them thru our Simplicity dealer.