Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor transport trailer you use---

LesH

How does everone move their tractors and equipment around between jobs, sales and auctions??? I mean -- do you have a single/ double axle trailer-- home made or store bought??? Any good trailer tips??? Thanks.

I used to have a 6 X 8 single axle tilt bed trailer that I used for hauling, it was good for one tractor with the room it had. When I found out I was moving to the St. Louis, MO area last summer I sold that trailer and bought a used double axle 16' flatbed trailer with brakes on Craigslist for $850 that would haul the garden tractors and my Ford N at the same time. I have really found this trailer to the best way since I also use it to haul longer sheets of wood and drywall. Having this larger trailer will also allow me to attend more tractor shows next year with the Ford N. Kris
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/KSever/trailerfirstday.jpg[/img]

I haul my tractors on a 6x12 trailer with a single axle. I can carry four tractors with no mower decks or equipment on them. My trailer was made by Hudson bros....bought it new in 1993. I also have a manual winch for getting those tractors that do not run on the trailer....I might change the manual winch to a battery powered one.:) Karl

I've got an 18' US Cargo tandem axle car trailer I bought new in 2003. Steel deck, beavertail, slide in ramps, brakes on one axle. It hauls tractors, cars, junk appliances to the scrapyard, just about anything I need. One of my better purchases!

I just got a 5x8" tilt bed trailer. It has a mesh floor, which has some drawbacks but this time of year it works well with the tire chains. As much as I would have liked to have a trailer for 2 tractors, my S-10 does not have the wherewith all to handle a trailer that large confidently. My dad has a 4x6 trailer, which is an exact fit for a 42" deck on a landlord. The nice thing is with his it doesn't need any strapping(tall sides).

I have an 95 F-250 Diesel with a 1000 pound hydraulic lift gate8D. I also use a 6x10 land scape trailer that I got at Home Depot when I was 13:O Me and a friend built the sides up and extended the ramp gate so that it was less steep. I'm in the market for a bigger trailer, mine is really only good for 1 tractor with a mower deck or a tiller or a blade on the front. My truck also has an electric trailer brake controller in the cab on the dash. so I could get a trailer with brakes if I wanted to dOd. Also there is a manual trailer brake activation button on the break control box. if you push it the trailer brakes will be activated but the truck brakes will remain in active, how ever the trucks brake lights will come on:O. So when I'm not towing And some one is following too close I just hit that button and watch them freak out and skid and slow way down:D works every time:D:D:D

I have a 14' tandem-axle, 7K rated utility trailer with brakes on one axle. Made by HawkLine in Ohio. I'm well pleased with it. Prior to that I had a single-axle snowmobile trailer. I bought a new one because I immediately put it on a 2400 mile road trip. Here's the load I brought back from Minnesota -- the final destination.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/62551374_397978bbcc.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/62551746_0a4f08d437.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/62552035_39ccd7e278.jpg?v=0[/img]
It also comes in handy hauling other stuff... and the V8 Dakota pulls it well, with a load-levelling hitch.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/41/108520484_759e7cf839.jpg?v=1142122995[/img]

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2624655186_7b82cd4d1f.jpg?v=0[/img]
Since it also has stake pockets, in addition to the rails, I'm having my brother saw me some rough-sawn 2x12's to make sideboards for hauling gravel etc. I could've gotten a 16' for little more money, but the 14' is a good match for my size truck and will haul all it can safely pull.

My tractors are spoiled, they won't ride in the open air it may ruffle their decals.

The trailer is 7.5 x 14 ft. with a 5ft. V front. I can get 5 large frame tractors in it, just roll/drive them in. Here is a picture with our 2 pulling tractors inside.

UCD, I am actually 16. Guess I should update my profile. My birthday was a little over a month ago. got my licence a few days later :D

For mowers and garden tractors I have a 5X8 trailer I hook to my Ford Ranger or Dodge van and for the big stuff I have a Ford F550 diesel with 6 speed and 13ft flatbed I hook up to either the 16ft tagalong or the 24ft gooseneck.

I have a single axle homemade trailer made from a Chevy pickup bed. I also have a 13 foot tandem axle trailer made by Snow and upgraded to haul 7000lb. I recently got another tandem axle and am modifying it to make a 16 foot trailer. It is very heavy duty, probably about 12,000 lb.

Here's my 16ft. Starlite tilt bed trailer loaded for the '08 Pioneer show. The tilt bed works nice for running tractors or cars, but not so nice for dead ones. It's uphill all the way. I tow it with my trusty '94 Dodge dually with Cummins power.

My latest two trailers have been alluminum built by High country Aluminum products. my first one was a 10' x 6' single axel with folding removable loading ramp. In rest area on the way home fome GOTO east in 2005

loaded with a haul of parts. Jim Mcdonald now has this trailer

The second one is a 7'6" x 14 tandom axel with a removable folding loading ramp

loaded to go to Colchester CT show 2005. It will handle 2 tractors and the golf cart or 4 tractors and a bunch of attachments. With the long pole and the long rear overhang of the camper the trailer tires track with the camper tires in a corner.

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/MDB/trailer-3.jpg[/img]
Here is my tractor hauler 18' Loadtrail car hauler. I can haul 6 tractors on the flat with room to spare.

mine is the same as yours MDB just with out the spare tire mount and older, and a 6x8 single home made. I also had a enclosed one for a short wile '16 made from a camper light duty frame tho. it carried 4 tractors with all the gear. I like the tandem axle trailers better but that's my opinion.

I use both a 18' flat bed and a 8' flat bed. I word of caution to those who like snowmobile type trailers. If you measure acoss your tire and it 16" your wheel will revolve 630,673 times on a 500 mile trip. A tire that measures 10" turns 1,009,174 times in the same 500 miles. Check your lube on the bearings alot or buy bearing buddies. Once a year is not often enough to check the bearings on a small trailer if it gets:O any use at all.

Good advice, John. I put Bearing Buddies on the old snowmobile trailer I had, after I fried a bearing coming back from a Colchester show once, with a loaded trailer. That's one of the many reasons I upgraded to a tandem-axle with 14" tires, because of longer trips. I now drag mine back and forth to Tennessee fairly regularly -- 900 miles each way. Also, I "spec'd" and ordered the optional "E-Z Lube" axles on the new one. They have a grease fitting in the end of the axle (similar to a "Bearing Buddy") and a hollow cavity that opens up behind the inner wheel bearings. You pump grease in it until it starts to come out through the outer wheel bearing, and you will have filled the entire cavity between the bearings and lubed both inner and outer bearings at the same time. It has a rubbber plug that goes into the end of the axle, to keep them clean. If you want to "repack" the bearings, just keep pumping until you start to get clean, fresh grease coming out the outside, then clean off the old stuff and put the rubber plug in... Works slick, and I've now put several thousand highway miles on my trailer with zero problems and the hubs run very cool... http://www.dexteraxle.com/e_z_lube_system

I have a 5.5' x 10' aluminum trailer made by Worthington, it looks a lot like Maynards' smaller one. It has a tilt bed. jh

This is my 14ft EZ_DUMPER landscape utility.
[img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/IMG_0759.JPG[/img]

This is what I started with.
[img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/IMG_0760.JPG[/img]
It's a old pop up camper frame. It worked great, but only with one or two tractors.

Hello, This is what I use for pick-up and transport..

It's a 16' Anderson tandem axle car trailer with single axle brakes, 7500 Lb capacity, wood deck, beaver-tail and slide in ramps on the sides. With the long wheelbase truck and trailer, it's a little tight for me but I love it.. Just don't ask me to back it up:O Andy Waldorf Md.

I have many at my disposal so I only own one that doubles as my yard cart. It's a small 52" x 6 foot with a Model A front end with the king pins welded. On the "to do" list is a 7' x 18' 1976 camper frame tandem axle, both with electric brakes. Very heavy and rated at 7500lbs. So far I have just borrowed when in need.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
with a Model A front end with the king pins welded.
:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:OwahwahB)XX(

6' X 12' Karavan, 3000 lb capacity fold down ramp. Suits the needs of my self and two sons.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/JDTrctrTrlr.jpg[/img]

I have a Haulmark 14-foot enclosed single axle trailer, with rear ramp door,and a man door on one side. I bought it new three years ago. So far, I like it, except the factory has not returned my phone calls inquiring about a question I had. Also, the local dealer appears to be out of business, because their phone number is no longer working. Tacey