Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My latest haul with a bonus!

PeppyDan

Here are some pics of the Allis Chalmers 620 that I picked up yesterday morning from a good friend and coworker Nathan. I had looked at it a few years ago when his brother had it for sale but decided against it at the time so Nate worked some trade with his brother and got it. A few days ago Nate asked me if I knew of anyone interested in buying it and after a couple minutes of talking price I said OK to $800 and a set of used 26x12x12 tires for him to put on his Legacy. When I got there to pick it up it was somewhat better than I had remembered it and it included a factory front bumper which I did not remember. Nate had rebuilt the engine for his brother a year or two before he got it and rebuilt the carb and put a brand new starter on it because the cone got broke off of the old one. He had the old starter repaired and rebuilt so now i have a extra. The rear PTO shaft is out of the tractor because the wires are broke off the clutch but I got everything to put it back in, I just need to fix the wires. I also need to do something to the right side heat deflector as it just doesn't look quite factory.B) It does have a few other things to fix but it is a very solid tractor overall! Dan

VERY NICE for the money. You did good. It looks like your missing all the upper engine heat shields and the side heat shield. I know I have the side cover and maybe both top sheilds. If you push the engine hard you'll need these to properly handle the heat.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
VERY NICE for the money. You did good. It looks like your missing all the upper engine heat shields and the side heat shield. I know I have the side cover and maybe both top shields. If you push the engine hard you'll need these to properly handle the heat.
My brother has an extra side heat shield and I know someone locally that has the upper heat shields and said I could borrow his to make a new shield for my tractors. We drove it on the trailer but when we got home with it we could not get it started :(so I need to ask Nate if there is a trick to it. Dan

That heat shield may not be factory but at least he didn't run it without anything. That's better than a lot of people do. Great buy!!

Great deal as others have already said. ^ Now, I'll say it, that is an original innovative use for old license plates. Looks like something MPH or Cleatus would do. ;)

As for starting, hold the switch on start and wiggle the pto switches one then the other and the hydro lever if the safety switch is still hooked up. The pto switches get corroded inside and when in the fully off position sometimes do not let the starter engage. BTW, want to part with that front bumper?

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
As for starting, hold the switch on start and wiggle the pto switches one then the other and the hydro lever if the safety switch is still hooked up. The pto switches get corroded inside and when in the fully off position sometimes do not let the starter engage. BTW, want to part with that front bumper?
The starter was engaging and the engine was spinning but no pops or anything to signify that it wanted to start. Sorry, but I don't want to part with the bumper but I do plan to have my brother in law reproduce a few, so if you would like one I could have him get a price for additional units or I would sell the original after he makes the repros! Dan

"------" Looks like something MPH or Cleatus would do."------ not sure just how to take that Roy" Marty, It is a compliment. Making use of available materials with innovative thinking. :)

I asked Nate how to start the 620 and he said no throttle and full choke, I tried it last night and it took off quickly!dOd:Q It is going to be another one of those projects that I tear down and check or rebuild everything and it may get power steering similar to Dave's 9020 project. Dan

Dan, You got a stable of toys now.You have a nice looking tractor. I know where you can get some toys for it if you need a tiller or anything like that let me know & i will pm you.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Dan, You got a stable of toys now.You have a nice looking tractor. I know where you can get some toys for it if you need a tiller or anything like that let me know & i will pm you.
Thanks for the offer Chad! I already have a tiller for the Powermax 9020 that I bought from my Dad and a 52" snowblower and a 60"front mounted blade that I got with the other 9020 that I got last year. The only things I could hope for is a cab, loader, and maybe a backhoe and my "toys fund" is way too low wahfor any of those short of being given to me!:D8D Dan