Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Strange Haul

xenon172

This is a little different from what is posted here most of the time but at least it's an Allis. I know it was made by Simplicity but the design is really different from what I am familiar with like Ariens or Toro or even other Simplicitys. The second stage is mounted sideways which makes this look like a stretch snow blower. Add to that the chain drive and this is a very strange looking machine. It is also unusual to find a Tecumseh in a Simplicity product but it has an HMSK80 8 horse engine to power the 28" auger. It runs strong and I don't think I have ever seen a blower of this size throw snow that far. It's a neat item to go along with an AC tractor for doing areas that just aren't practical to take a tractor into.

I've had several blowers of that vintage, and they do throw the snow a good ways. The last one was a 7hp with a Briggs I believe they switched to Tecumseh about 1972 or so. The only problem with the sideways second stage is that they are very long and are harder to handle in tight spaces. Otherwise they are very good units.

My teacher has one that she doesn't want any more, too heavy I guess. anyway she wants me to have itdOd. I am planing on going later this week to pick it up. This one has a briggs on it I think. Hp on it is 5-7 maby. I will post pics after I go get it:D. When did they stop making this single stage type walk behind blower?

Cool find. The idea of not making the snow change directions is Simple thinking at it's finest. Can see where the length of the machine be a killer though.

Another plus to the inline impeller arrangement is they don't plug up easily as you can only feed them so much snow. Also MikeG forgot to mention is that they are a heavy brute.

I have one almost like that. It's slightly smaller. 24 inch with a 5 horse Tecumseh. When it runs it works great!

quote:
This is a little different from what is posted here most of the time but
That's what great about it. It gets very old seeing the same old thing. Variety is the spice of life.............Just don't tell the WIFE