Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First post, Rear belly mower

Tough620

I came across this site while searching for info on adjusting the varible on my 1984 AC T-816 . I soon became overwhelmed by the amount of information available here. A very easy site to navigate, GREAT!!! site. I also have a 620 which I use mainly for loader work. My problem is I don't want to remove remove the loader to use the mower, so I decided to convert my 60 inch belly mower to a 3pt pto drive. I am going to build a sub frame on four casters to support the mower and use the original mule drive with a jack shaft connected to the pto. To keep the belt aligned it would be easiest to use a 7 inch pulley on the jack shaft, or do I have to use a couple of idler pulleys and a larger drive pulley to bring the drive speed up to close that of engine speed for the mower to cut properly. Sorry for being so long winded but this site does something to me :D:O:D

Randy, Welcome to the Club, it is Great place of wealth. I don't know anything about the 620 but I'm sure someone who does will soon be around to help. Kris

You will need some kind of idler to turn the belt, If yours from the tractor can be mounted some where low to make it work should be fine. And WELCOME to SIMPLE TRACTORS.:D