Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help - need pic

OrangeMetalGuy

OrangeMetalGuy
Can someone with a late-model AC 700 series (with the rectangular lights above the grill) take a photo and post it of how the lights and the wiring are supposed to look (from the inside of the hood), and run down the inside of the hood? I just ordered some new light sockets from Jack's and would like to see how they looked originally. thanks!

I don't have a picture, but they connect together and go down the side of the grille, think it is the right side, then back along the inside of the frame and up to the switch behind the dash.

I've got my 700 series manual for a reference if that would help. I could copy the pix and send them if you like. my lights where on the right side as well and it was a 712H. NewStyle. Smiles,Tripoli

The two posts above have it right. the lights connect together and run down the right hand side and along the frame and up to the switch. on my 78 AC712. Dan aka IronPony

OrangeMetalGuy
Yeah, I was just hoping to get a pic from someone who has one so I know how it looked from the factory, including the ground wire (which I guess runs down and attaches to the frame). thanks all.

Download this. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_400_0494_00_LT_S_LO.pdf Short of a picture, this is as good as it gets. Go to page 38 and 40. Also I don't believe there is a ground wire. It should be grounded to hood thru the hinge pins.

I didn't think 700AC tractors had a heat sheield. Neither of mine does. I thought those were only on the 900ACs and 7100 Simplicities.

According to my 700 parts book, there is no ground wire as BLT mentioned. They are self grounding it looks like. I also do not see any heat shield either. I have two 716H's and neither have a heat shield... SteveinNJ