Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9014 AC purchase

Tripoli

Hey fellas, is 500.00 fair for a solid 9014. has a 42 deck with good bearings. no shaft play in the bevel gear box and bearings good in the mowing deck. I was there when the fella fired it up from a 1/2 year of hibernation. no smoke and no clank in the kohler 14hp. I paid 1500 for 7117 4 years ago and it had a questionable 48inch deck. Just wanted some input. Blessed is the man who seeks counsel of the wise.

I'd pay 500 for a 914 alot quicker than I would pay 1500 for a 7117 thats for sure but wouldn't personally pay that much for either.Example I just bought a pretty decent 7118 with good deck and front blade for 200.

Used in good condition in my area at a dealer would bring twice that if not more. If the BGB is good and the engine runs as well as you stated sounds good to me.

Thanks fellas, I went a head & bought the jewel. thanks for the help. Very Excited bout' it. thanks again, and if i find one, I'll post it first come first sold. Long Live AC..

quote:
Originally posted by cojo92
i got my 912h with good deck and 42inch snow thrower, front pto allis soft cab, electric lift, and front blader all for $416 :D
Would you sell it for $500, and take the $84 profit? :O:D:D A fair deal often has to balance the views of the buyer and the views of the seller... IMO, assuming the 914 is in decent running condition, $500 was a fair deal...