Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

carburator for 3013

joshuaareed

I recently purchased a 3012 and I am thinking of buying a brand spanking new carburetor for the re powered tractor. It presently has a 13HP briggs I am told. I am wondering what carb I need or where do I find the proper numbers on the motor to look up the proper carb. Thanks for all your help. The only numbers I can find are on the blower housing, if anyone can tell me the year and model I would appreciate it, or sent me to the tight place to find this info. numbers on blower housing 302431 0144-017410101

Getting a fully new carb is really not neccesary unless you have a serious structural problem on your current one. The expendable portions are easily replaced in the standard rebuild kit available from Briggs. The one important bit not included is the throttle-shaft bushings. They are relatively easy to replace with a #3 screw extractor and are about $6 dollars each. All told, you would only need an evening and $40 dollars at most. A new unit can be as much as $200. Just a thought.

You found all the #'s you need, the first 6 are your model #, next 6 are the serial # or type I'll say without looking it up, knowing someone will correct me if wrong, and the last set is the date made, yours being made in 1974 oct 10th