Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to me 2010... or is it a 101

4xbill

Been a little quiet here. So,here's some pics of the tractor I picked up off ebay. It was advertised as 2010, but it has 101 numbers, 990350. Don't care either way, it's got the right hand lift, head light brackets, hub caps and them fancy hood bolts!:D8D:D Gas is a little varnishy. I am going to inspect it and clean it up this weekend. If it's not a runner, the better parts will be used on my 2012 resto.

Narrow front tires and the decals are in place for what looks like a repaint. I'd say it's a 101. What engine does it have, 12 or 10HP?

I believe those head light brackets are for a late 60s large frame. The old round hood LLs have a light bracket that goes all the way across the top of the grill and is dropped down with spacers. All 4 tires look original8D. That Right hand lift is a great score. You also dont see many of these with their original seet:O. The mower deck looks perfect. Definitely way too nice to part out^

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Nice original. Looks too nice to part out.
He's right.
I'll vote for that... Too nice and complete to part out!

Wasn't planning on parting it out. Just swapping some of the better parts for my 2012 restoration. Cleaned it up yesterday. No major rust. Just a couple mouse nests. The gas was nasty and the wiring is bad. PO tried to rewrire it and wired a hot lead to the switch and points?!?!?!? Hopefuly the armature isn't fried. Will keep y'all updated.

Not a bad looking tractor. Didn't the 101's have a decal under the front PTO pulley that said Landlord 101? I have a few cut up pieces of one I got with some tractors and that is the only clue I found left that it was a 101.

My Dad has a landlord 101 well I have it now but it only said 101 on top of the hood.My dad brought tractor brand new so I now its correct. nick