Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

over asked but early decals???

nateb17010

I have look at the decals on this site and have seen norm's and wells in person. to me I would buy a set from wells. but still I'm looking for the early b10 and the b1. the sets I have seen are close but missing the chrome or shiny sliver out line found on the early hood decals. has any one noticed this or not, am I to exact or pushy to get some with the chrome out line. or can't they get the chrome over lay? to expensive or what? I might be barking up the wrong tree here but has any one seen a exact reproduced early decal set for sale? I just don't want to give in, with out finding out where the chrome went. thanks.

Corey at the link below will make what ever decal you want. Atleast he has for me. I just send a picture and measurement. I have had several other sets of decals made and the quality is excellent. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pierce2160 His decals are not overlay they are printed or heat transfer. He also does chrome edge.

I bought decals from him for my 3012 and they are top quality. If you have a question about any I am sure he will reply because I asked some before I ordered and he was very helpful.

I've had decals made by Corey and they are extremely high quality and can be done in chrome. He has made some perfect reproductions for me from some really sketchy information and pictures. Definitely try the link posted earlier by Ray.

sound's good. I will have to give him a shout. I didn't mean to put down the 2 I listed. but when I was looking in to decals in 2000 they just did not look right, until I noticed there was no chrome out line and was disappointed. I figured some one by now could make them correct to the time. the dash had chrome in it as well. thank you much

Are you sure the ones from Wells aren't correct? I know that they were copied from originals on a couple of B1's though if you have notice dicrepencies I am sure that they would like to know and would be happy to fix them.

it was about 2004 or so when one of my friends painted and then decaled with the wells decals. look like the correct lettering, length, but there was some thing missing, the chrome outlining. so we put another hood right by it and looked, no chrome outline. so I did not order a set. it was to be a fathers day gift. knowing any one that is a tool-n-die guy like my dad this would not work for him. so I still am looking for a new set for him. he tapes off the decals every time he paints it. but the old decals are junk to say the lest. so unless they have changed them sense 2004 there the same. there for I did not wast my money on them. the other sets for the later tractors are ok that I seen. I have asked around here where I live at the same time and the ones I was looking at wells, I was told they could not make them like what I was after but they could come close "it was the chrome" so I continue to look... thanks much

There are pictures of all of Wells implements decals here. http://www.wellsimplement.com/lawn.htm B-1 set [img]http://www.wellsimplement.com/b1.JPG[/img]
early B-10 set [img]http://www.wellsimplement.com/b10E.JPG[/img]

thanks and in the pitcher of the B-10 early there is no chrome out line on them unless the camera could not pick it up. they go around all the letters 1/8" or so and on the inside of the black out line and that's for both years 63-64 just look at both hoods. the dash looks right, but again don't see the hash marks. it looks smooth, or dose it have squire ridges in it. I know it's impossible to obtain the absolute correct originals and the dash is the lest of my worry's, but would like the hood to be correct if passable. looked at the web site for mentioned and I found the system 7010 decals I have been looking for. so thanks but there was no early decals yet. thanks you guys.

looks like a 63 hood alright, with the chrome around the lettering and around the black out line. you got that decal from wells? look's correct to me if so thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by nateb17010
looks like a 63 hood alright, with the chrome around the lettering and around the black out line. you got that decal from wells? look's correct to me if so thanks.
No, these are the original decals....

mike that's what I thought. did you find good originals just like that? saw the restore jobs you and your boy has done looks very nice. I have liked all your tractors you have done keep up your hard work. I have restored about 3 now. and had to keep what was left of the original decals on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a set of early B 10 decals. http://cgi.ebay.com/Allis-Chalmers-B-10-Early-Decals_W0QQitemZ290298579938QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item290298579938&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Yes our decals have the crome strip. There is light paper over the decal that you remove when you put the decal on. Also the dash decal is smooth. We,ve tried to find a place where they could get the original type dash decal with the "raised" squares but havn't had much luck. There is an early b-10 with a loader on it in our gallery on our website. www.wellsimplement.com. I'm not sure if you can see the crome, but they are our decals.Hope this helps! Michael

1: ebay sucks I never buy or sell anything on there had to many junk parts sent to me and it was nothing like the pitcher showed. 2: wells did not mean to drag you in the mud by any means. the pitcher I looked at did not show the chrome. couldn't see but will take your word on it and thanks much. also is that the original seat on the b1 looked tall, and seats so on. are they all different? the grills are you selling them? the last one in the line up what year? early, late I can see both in it. and the fender are they for sail as well man those are cool. you have a nice looking shop as well.

I guess that I have been lucky on ebay. I have had only one bad experience and that was with a muffler that was described in good condition. It was full of pin holes and the end that mounts to the elbow wasn`t pictured and was so hacked up that it couldn`t be used without destroying other parts. I won`t buy any more mufflers unless they are new.

quote:
Originally posted by nateb17010
1: ebay sucks I never buy or sell anything on there had to many junk parts sent to me and it was nothing like the pitcher showed.
Personally, I buy on Ebay all the time. You have to read the ads over a couple times to make sure you know what you are getting plus look at the (PICTURES). I have only had one bad experience but that was buying a used truck and no money had changed yet, the seller (kid was probably 17) stated it ran and drove like new but would not let me drive it on the highway to test drive it. I refused to pay him and went back home without it or any money changing hands. But, for one bad experience out of approximately 200 transactions I can't complain.