Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Here You Go Marty

Roy

Marty (MPH) was casting dispersions on my E-scoop saying I faked the pictures and OWHN actually did the work with a wheelbarrow. He wanted pictures as proof. So, OK Marty, here you go. E-scoop in use.

Note the counterweight is down when the scoop is up. Counterweight helped immensely. :)

Do you believe me now Marty?? ;)

I'm still not sure Roy. Can you ship the scoop directly to my house so I can inspect it?:D:o) Looking good, love the diamond plate sides.

dOddOd Try even more weight on the counterweight, Roy. I have a factory "stinger" one with two donuts on it. Basically try to get it to where the counterweight almost completely balances the weight of the scoop, but not quite. Then, your hydraulics only have to pick up the weight of the material in the scoop...

Don't recall saying you faked the pictures Roy, my problem was you only showed a before and after pic, NO sign of the E-scoop in use. Looks good and I believe you built it use now, ya got it dirty.:D If you push into the pile as a blade will the scoop close down on it then? Like a clamshell? "really great photoshop work" OUCH ;)

D-17, Photoshop not required. OWHN took the pictures. :) 4xBill, No shipping!!!!!!! Unfortunately the diamond plate is turned up inside the scoop which makes the load reluctant to slide out when scoop is open. :( Kent, Agree with you. Weight I have was available "in stock". Will have to keep an eye open for additional weight(s) I can add. Josh/Zack, Hat is OK but too hot in the summer. Want to find a cooler one. Marty, I knew you were kidding about faking the pictures. ;) Scoop was built to use and not for show. Hadn't thought about using the scoop like a clamshell. Will have to try that sometime. Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

How do you get the counter-weight to go down as you raise the scoop? I found that up and down were the same at the front and rear so my "new" counter-weight did not counter:(! I have a 78 AC712. Dan aka IronPony

Inorder to get counter wt action on some of them new fangled RBT Dan you have to install a different lift rocker arm, and reroute the cable. Rod has made them, think he made Roys.

Marty is correct. The early models did not have the necessary "cam" on the rock shaft. I put one of Rod's adapters on my 7013S. The later models, like the Sovereign pictured, came from the factory with the cam integrated into the rock shaft. In any event the cam is required. Then all that is necessary is to reroute the lift cable to the configuration needed for the 38" HD tiller. Let me know if you want the HD tiller information and I'll see if I can find it.

These pictures just show it will pick up at the front and dump out at the back. Does it actually move and dump where you want?}:) (just kidding - a great addition well made)

Roy, That just looks like you are picking up leaves and bark. When are you gonna use it on something "heavy" like real dirt or firewood, or rocks. Come on, show it doing some real work. OWHN could clean up that stuff with a rake and bucket quicker than you could get the tractor started and drive to the spot.:D Actually you did a very nice job on that bucket. That should do at least 80 percent of the projects done with a FEL. No need for a big rig when a small one will do the job adequately.

Ted R. Williams
This is one of the neatest projects I have seen on here. Great workmanship and a great idea. I was thinking about building a loader for my next project but after seeing this I don't think a loader is necessary for me. I might build the E-Scoop. Thanks for the idea and all the pics you posted for the project. Great work!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Roy I have a couple of those factory counter weights with a donut on it, If your interested. We can work out a good deal. I'd like to get rid of one and it would help you out as well. you can ask Perry about the hydro lift I sold him. It was a good deal. Let me know. Dave