Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Duetz-Allis Ultima 1920

rpickle

Hi I've come across one of these on CL. Tractor has 1000hrs, reportedly runs well. Comes with a tiller and a pull aerator. Gentleman is asking $1200 for it. I think it would make a great beginning to a small garden business. Is the price in-line with what is being offered? The tractor is in Fort Wayne, IN. Thanks Rick

The tillers in good condition have been pretty pricey to the tune of $500 to $700. As far as the engine is concerned I just look for Craftsman or other mowers that used the 18 or 20 HP Kohler engines usually can pick them up pretty reasonable and have a spare.I have a couple extra mower decks for the Sunstars if you need a deck.

Thanks for info and the generosity. Will play this out. I e-mailed him that I was interested, but that $1200 was a bit steep. Thanks again. Rick

Might be reasonable whatever the condition of the motor. acfarmer points out the value of the tiller. The 1920 would also have a rear PTO that goes for $300 - $400.

He emailed back saying he could go down to $1000.00 because the front axel needs wheel bearings. I'm most likely going to pass and just try to get a tiller setup for my 7016. Thanks for the replies. Rick