Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what's it worth?

grnlark

I have a complete AC B112, hydrolift rear, 48" mower deck and original Briggs. It's a solid little tractor in need of some TLC. It sat for a while and doesn't run at the moment. It has spark, but wasn't getting fuel. I bought the carb rebuild kit, new plug etc but just haven't had time to tinker with it. I started a partial disassembly (basically took the sheetmetal components off) and could easily put it all back together. We have our first baby on the way and 5 tractors - so you can see where I'm going with this. I'm considering selling it - not sure yet because I always wanted a 112. But if I did decide to sell it, what's a fair market price?

I usually ask "what's it worth to me? When I've gotten the urge to sell a tractor, if I can get out of it what I have "invested" in it, I'll sell it. If I can't sell it for my price, I keep it. New baby or not. ( Maybe baby will need a tractor someday, you know, cut grass during the summers for spending money. These tractors have been a better investment than a mutual fund during the last year). I also watch eBay to see if a similar one goes up for auction. Nothing like an auction to see "What's it worth"? Just my experience. This advice is "Free", results not typical. Good luck, and best wishes with the baby! Tacey

I had a similarly equipped B110 I sold several years ago. Complete, needed some attention. I sold it for $400.00. BTW, I STILL regret selling it.....C

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...... Ken, you've got me thinking. I have wondered if I would regret selling it... Probably better off leaving it in the garage covered with crap like it is right now instead of making a regretful decision. I don't need the money, I just wanted to get rid of some stuff. Let's be honest though, come June when the baby is here, I probably won't see the inside of the garage until I'm 50 anyways, so what do I need more room for? Yeah, maybe we'll give her a fresh Vanguard... Okay, no longer for sale. Thanks guys, you are wonderful bad influences! :D

Don't kid yourself you will find time I have 2 kids 2 vettes 2 trucks 15 tractors a golf cart. I find time for all of them. Before you know it the little one will be putting the engine in it for you. If you have a few moresm00 you can teach one how to paint. one for wiring.. congrats on your newest arrival. ps does you Buicks (very nice by the way) Have seat belts for the new car seat. or is that another project. Also you could buy my B-110 done to save time HAHA