Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First Haul of 09

dmsmitty2004

Well, like I posted Saturday. Here are the pictures of the Agco Allis 918. Made the trip less than 45 minutes south of me to pick it up last night. Engine runs good with no smoke or unusual noises. Its not very often I find one in this good of shape. The only thing I need to do is clean and grease up the steering it appears and change all fluids, as we're not sure the fluid in the rear-end has ever been changed. Came With a load of attachments, making the price well worth it in my opinion at $1500. Here is a picture of the tractor once I got it unloaded in the shop.

And the attachments that came with it. They are piled on the trailer here. It was too dark to get pictures once I had them unloaded. They are a snow blade, plow, disk, cultivator, harrow, and a rear box blade.

This looks a lot like a tractor I had seen on the KC craigslist, Are you sure its not an Allis Chalmers 917?, check the id tag, I'm thinking the AGCO had a black frame and a command engine.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
This looks a lot like a tractor I had seen on the KC craigslist, Are you sure its not an Allis Chalmers 917?, check the id tag, I'm thinking the AGCO had a black frame and a command engine.
Yes, that was on KC Craigslist. I haven't exactly had a lot of time to play with it lately, I ended up out of town now until Friday afternoon. Once I get home and start into I will check the tag. It has been previously re-powered with a the series II Kohler 17hp, about 8 yrs ago. I can't claim it as mine. To get away with having it around home, we said it belongs to dad.