Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

They're Baaack!

rsnik

It got warm enough to get out in the fabric shed with all the "outdoor power equipment" in it today. I was working on the 7016H when I see a blur. Did I see that or am I dreaming. It went into a stack of rear tires on rims lined up in a row. I started parting the tires until, yep, there's a big, fat mouse peering back at me. Now it's wondering if engines have mouse nests in the tin already and how to get rid of the critters before they do.

I just saw 63 Robins!!!!! Here's a link to one of them! http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBIN-SURARU-ENGINE-CARBURETOR-8-5-EH25-OHV-PARTS_W0QQitemZ120373416915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120373416915&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50:O:I:D8D:pdOdsm06}:) Dan

Last week it was bitter cold and snowing and a decent flock of robins showed up in the tree by the deck. Then I walked down to the pond (hard frozen) and they were hanging around where the water running into the pond thaws things out. I figured I bet they know it's going to warm up next week or they would not be here. Sure enough it's in the 50's tomorrow.

I got a family of mice living in my garage! But they haven't dare to touch my engines because they no I'll kill them }:) If they do make nests in my tractors. Hahaa.

I saw the ground today and the grand kids swing started moving today first time since early December.Spring is comming to GreenBay