Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Making Tractor Decals-------

LesH

Has anybody made any decals for their tractor? I mean by using Autocad/ Turbocad etc. Where can good decal sticker paper be found at to use in an 8 1/2 X 11 printer? The factory decals seem so expensive I thought making them would be easier on the wallet.....

I ordered some from Micro-Mark.com. They have a couple of different types and all of the other stuff to fix the image. It works in my printer just fine, it is a cheaper Canon. Ron E.

I made a small decal for one of my tractors. My son bought me a strip of black vinyl and one of white at a hobby shop. The vinyl strips were for making decals for radio controlled airplanes. I printed a reversed image on the paper on the back of the decal, then cut it out with an x-acto knife. Good enough for what I wanted.

A lot of it is in the image software. CorelDraw/ Corel Photopaint are the best I have used. They allow use of Vector formatting which allows scaling up and down without getting fuzzy. Autocad would also do such a thing but I am not sure about the graphic manipulation ability.

Check this out. Pardon the triple posts. Archives does that sometimes. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=38359