Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C 720 footpedal control

bowlake

Hi, I have been a member for along time and never posted some of my work. I have given some of my information on how to install a 605 power steering box to a guy in Florida. He posted the detailed info. I also have mastered how to convert to a hydrostatic foot pedal control. Let me know what you think. Sorry but I can not get pic's to upload. It wants the hole file and overloads. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help. Randy

Download the free Irfanview program it is a very simple program to use. It has a resizer in it. http://www.irfanview.net/ Open the picture file with infanview. click on Image in the tool bar. Click on resize/Resample. check the radio button for 640 x 480 pixels or 800 x 600 pixels Click ok Click on file in tool bar click on save as name file a different name than original go to file where you saved it and put cursor on it it will show file size if still larger than 100kb delete that file reopen original and do same process as above after you click on save as on the right side you will see Save Quailty, slide the bar down to 75 or 50 and click save. It sounds complicated but after the first time is very easy just a few mouse clicks.

quote:
Originally posted by bowlake
Hi, I have been a member for along time and never posted some of my work. I have given some of my information on how to install a 605 power steering box to a guy in Florida. He posted the detailed info. I also have mastered how to convert to a hydrostatic foot pedal control. Let me know what you think. Sorry but I can not get pic's to upload. It wants the hole file and overloads. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help. Randy
Hey Randy, we are practicly neighbors, I'm up in Rochester, (Greece) There are detailed pics of a power max power steering set-up that Gary did. Forgot his user name. He used GM parts. have you seen that one. Very professional and neat. Would like to see yours.

Yes, I have seen it. He called me every night for two weeks getting measurements. They called him the master of rebuilds. He just didn't mention were he got all the help to do it. He also put a pump in the front and batter under the brake peddle. That's not my design, just the power 605 box. I am the second person to put in a 605 box and the first and only one to have hydrostatic foot pedal control. Yes I am vary proud of my work. To bad I'm not any good with computers. Can I email someone with a couple of pic's until I get things figured out. Thanks Randy

I would like to see it as well, if you can send it to MMistele1@WI.RR.Com that would be great!!!:D There just are not enough hands to raise and lower the blower, turn the shout, back up, turn the wheel, drink coffee, tune the radio, adjust the heater, and talk on the phone! Sometimes it feels like some kind of sick shell game:D I can't believe Erik also has a wiper!!!:D

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
You can email them to me. maynardjg@comcast.net That person was Gary Hinkle aka Mikefox. He passed away a couple months ago.
Maynard, thank's for the update on Gary. Sad news indeed. Is that why his user name is removed from all the pictures he posted on the power steering set-up?

Test picture. Sorry, Jim and I have worked for over 2hrs on the phone. No luck getting pictures to upload the right way. Try another time. UCD if you would like to post the pictures you have that would be fine with me. I will explain and send more pic's another time. I feel bad about this. Randy

Bowlake, Would love to see the pictures and insstructions for the foot pedal control. I've got a 4040 and would make things alot easier with that.

Howdie Bowlake, When did you do the conversion to foot operated? I would also like to see how you accomplished this as I have done the same thing. I think I converted mine around 2002. Time gets by me to fast sometimes. Anyway,I would like to compare notes sometime. I have built all of my attachments from parts and pieces from scrape piles, junkyards and any where else I could come across a good deal. Sounds like we might have a little in common. Check out the gallery for my V-blade for snow and my picture gallery for the loader(which took 1 year to build) and 3-point grader blade I threw together. Can't wait to see the pictures of yours.:DOO