Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

another new tractor... pics added

steve-wis

Hi everyone, Just bought a 1967 Yeoman 616. Pretty good shape, runs great, and I think original engine. two speed forward tranny. This is my first FDT, and has a 32 inch 3 blade deck that is in decent shape also. Gave the guy $100 for it. A few questions,,,,, fair price? I thought so. Second, would love to pick up a front blade for it, are they around? Third, does this tractor have any inherent problems or things to look for? It needs some work, the belt guides are gone so the guy i bought it from just let the gears grind when he shifted, but I don't think enough to mess up the tranny. Will post pics when I get them. I guess the snow cab for the Allis 810GT will wait for a bit while I play with this for a while! Adding the pics....... Steve-wis

Zach, I think the yellow brackets were a home made mount for a blade or something. There are no hood hinges-it is bolted on. Also, I will be looking for a lift lever and a front blade along the way if anyone knows of them, let me know. Yes, it is a cutie, not sure if I will try to restore or not, wife likes it and says I should, so we will see. Steve-wis

If you pick up the rear end it will rotate seperate from the front. I was told that someone lost a finger in the area by the gearshift because of that. Said Nader was involved in changing the design. Anyone else ever heard this? Anyway, be sure to keep that swivel point under the seat lubed. The front blade mount is a two piece design. They do a very nice job of mowing. I believe that one has the three blades the same as the larger decks.

orangebgood, Yes, it does have the swivel between front and back. And, has the three blade deck. The guy I bought it from used it last summer and his lawn looked good. I have a wonderboy stick steer mower with the same deck and it also does a great job. Thanks for the info. Steve-wis

Hey Tracktor312, Nice 616 you have! Wish I had the chrome caps for mine. And boy, it looks small next to that other monster! Great picture! Steve-wis

I don't recall ever seeing an AC version of the Serf and Yeoman, 5 and 6 HP engines. The AC Homestader looks to be similar to the 7 and 8 HP Broadmooor 707,728,738, etc.

Ohh how i LOVE my 627!! She was my very first every tractor. even tho i way overpaid for her @ $285:O i still dont regret that large spend. THOSE YEOMANS ARE TANKSSS!!! :D Heres a pic of my little yeoman...

Nice looking little tractor. dOd I think your wife is right. As for price...I figure any time you walk away from a deal happy.:D..the price was a good one. ^ Don't pay any mind to what some one else may say about it, because somebody always bought a much better one for half the price. I don't care if you found a new one still in the crate for a hundred bucks. Somebody else found the same thing shipped to their door for fifty.:O Old tractors, motorcycles, cars, trucks, guns, it's always the same.;)

Well, just picked up a really nice lift lever from todd (Bud119195). Drove down to his place, picked up the lever, and got the tour of his collection. Very nice! And, a really nice guy too, for anyone who hasn't met him yet. Also, should know in about 2 minutes if I have a blade and hitch for the 616. Bidding on one on Ebay. Now, if I can scrape up enough cash for the Hi-Lo for sale in the parts for sale classified, I will have all that I want for it. And,,,,,,,,the blade is mine! Will post pics of her with her new blade on when I get it. Thanks to all who answered my many questions about it, and I am sure the many that will still come up. Steve-wis