Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Progress on B112

slick103

Here some pics finished up front end. The PO use spray belt dressing what a mess! On another note storm came tur here Wed. night blew a tree on my back of my shop(crap). I haven't even finished it now got to deal with getting this fixedwah.

tmerideth- I used rattle can rustolem sun bust yellow over gray primer. tracktor312- Yep had it added to my home owners. Local contractor put it up. Could have been a lot worse had both my bikes,tractors and wife's new car in it at the time. The long shifter was on it when I purchased it along with the key switch moved to the side and light switch on top.

Weather real nice here Today so I took B112 for a spin. All work fine till I shifted from 2nd to 3rd. Seems that something has came loose in the Trans shifting forks what ever came apart now can't get it into gear. The shifting rod doesn't seem to engage anything. Any one have a clue?

Looking at the long, custom shift lever it is very possible the ball stud that selects the shift rail(s) inside the transmission has broken off. A peek inside, through the fill hole with a light, should let you see what is going on.

Your are Correct on both points Roy. Just got Transaxle apart going to need shifter stem 2154261 hope they are available.

Glad to be helpful. Also glad I was right for once. :) Note that the replacement part has been redesigned for more strength. Would like to see a picture of your new one. While you are into the transmission check the keys the gears slide on, the shift rails, and the ball detents. Someone added the long shift lever for a reason. My 3212V likes to stick in second gear. I'm afraid to force it else my shift stem (ball stud) will break like yours did. The one in my B-1 broke years ago which is why I suspected that was your problem. Somewhere between a B-1 and a 3212V Simplicity made the shift lever longer by using a long cylindrical shifter knob instead of a ball. I suspect it was related to easier shifting and/or increased ball detent strength/pressure. Maybe someone can fill us in on the reason for the change.

Think the new part number is 2172779. But, check with your Simplicity dealer or one of our sponsors to confirm. Link to Sandy Lake Implement (SLI) is: "http://www.sandylakeimp.com/" Other sponsors are at "http://www.simpletractors.com/default.htm" Haven't bought one in a long time but think they are still available.

Here is pic of new style stem. Sandy Lake had 1, super people to deal with and fast shipping(ordered Mon got it Today). I can't find a thing wrong with the trans going to install new stem and seals time will tell. Got home early Today going to try and get it back together this afternoon if the wife will agree LOLsm00

• 2 weeks later...
Well I finally got the tranny fixed. Had to use some 220 paper on the speed gear shaft shifts Ok now. Spend a lot of time on the seat placement (I am 6'2") used a JD seat hinge works for me LOL. Worked the B all day SAT. cleaning up the tree that was on my shop all was good.

quote:
Originally posted by slick103
:Owell I seemed to have messed the whole thread up posting updated pics sorry!
Probably used the same name for the pics, therefore the new replaced the old everywhere. No biggy, those new pics are sure pretty!dOd I like the seat idea, should ride nice, and it looks spretty much stock.;)