Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3415H project thread

3415HSovereign

3415HSovereign
I'm finally getting my tractor ready for paint:) http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/NCTyphoonKid/Simplicity%203415H/ I'm going to paint get the wiring harness redone.I sold the Falcon and am putting the $$ into the Fiero and the Simplicity

3415HSovereign
quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Looks Good Are you going to use Chevy engine orange?
More than likely so Yes

3415HSovereign
quote:
Originally posted by Zach
The fun begins:D
It wasn't bad pulling it apart but going back together will be the fun part

Fiero's are nice.....^ On my 2110,I used stainless bolts where they showed, like holding the hood on, dash in place, grille, etc.

3415HSovereign
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Fiero's are nice.....^ On my 2110,I used stainless bolts where they showed, like holding the hood on, dash in place, grille, etc.
Thanks i'm doing a interior restoration on on it soon I will get it painted.I may got with stainless bolts or the grade 5 that HubbardRA mentioned

• 1 month later...
3415HSovereign
I have started sanding the frame and hood etc. so in the next couple weeks maybe it will get painted

• 2 months later...
Just some random thoughts on this Chevy orange paint( the recommended rattle can type). Yeah,its soft.This may have been covered before but I feel that since the paint was developed for engine applications it would be more durable if somehow the parts painted with it could be subjected to high temperatures to cure some of those solvents out. It is in the 90's here so I am sitting my current progress out in the sun for the weekend and installing a bird dropping guard over it.I may erect a temporary greenhouse-type structure of clear plastic over it.Tired of chipping paint every time I tighten a bolt. Your Tractor is looking good, a worthy restoration for sure.Stick in there!...

3415HSovereign
I've not gotten a lot done to it.I've been trying to clean up the building and make room.