Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest aquisition

ReedS

It's a horse of a different color and the lights aren't wired in yet....
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1641a.JPG[/img]
Original tractor cab, of course it looks like an electric chute rotator is gonna be a summer project as there is really no access to the rotator shaft.

----" a horse of a different color"--- Think that should read "HOUSE of a different color". Great find, whereever you came up with it at.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by cojo92
quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Are those cabs still being made?
I had the same ?
no i dont believe they make the old style cab anymore. [url]http://www.originalcab.com/[/url]

Very nice! I put 1 light on top of my cab like a cyclops and it is more then enough light with the headlights. I also run 1 on the rear and the headlights. I wonder what the charging systems put out on the old starter generators?

Thanks for the comments, the cab was amongst the collection of the late Eric Pascarella (wantedinct). Sadly I find that it doesn't clear my right hand lift so guess I'll have to have some alterations done come sometime this spring or summer. Mike the these old s/g will put out about 20 amps max but they like run at half that or at least that's where I'd rather see them run otherwise they'll overheat and suffer from meltdown!:OXX(:Y

Hey, I found one like that a couple of years ago. it was up in a guy garage rafters when he got the place. We ended up having to change the front cross mount to a simplicity one, otherwise it all worked good on the soveriegn types. Only thing was my kid sold it last year without telling me. I could have slapped him for that...:OXX(