Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

putting it back together

chrisdm8

Hi, I'm finally getting around to putting my tractor back together after the engine gave up last summer. I took everything apart except the hydrostatic unit ... cleaned it all up, painted what needed paint, and am in the process of putting things back together. I'm realizing how much I've forgotten in the months since I took it apart so the briggs and simplicity manuals have been a blessing. I got stumped this evening though with wiring. My questions is about the ignition wiring for my HB112. I know the wire from the armature and the wire from the condenser connect but I don't remember if they were connected with a wire nut or if there was a standoff they bolt down too. Also, I don't remember where the wire from the off switch connects in. I know it comes down to the standoff on the points cover but am not sure where that wire goes from there. I believe it connects to the same wires so it can ground out the ignition but figure it's worth asking. Also, I noticed the hydraulic lines for the power lift are all cracked but can't find replacements online. Anyone found replacements or made your own? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again ... Chris

Chris, The wire from the the switch hooks to the stud w/ground on the point cover. I just had replacement hose made at a local hose shop $18 each. They didn't have the 105 degree fittings but the 90* worked just fine for me.

The wire from the points is much longer than would take to get to the points cover and the wire from the armature isn't long enough to get out of the shroud area. It's certainly possible it's been modified before I found it though. I suppose it would be equivalent to connect them all inside the shroud as long as I'm careful not to let them ground out.