Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers push mower

bud119195

Does anyone know of a website that has Allis push mowers on it .My uncle found one at a estate sale that was never used 9(theres not even a scatch on it on the underside) and the guy he got it from said he won it 30 years ago.were just looking for any info on it that we can. Tkanks

Looks like it. His still looks like brand new, he paid $90 for it and has been offered 5 times that all ready, but he does not want to sell it

I have a Allis Chalmers self propelled lawnmower. Here is a pictures before restoration. I restored the lawnmower but could not find the right oil pan and camshaft......right now the self proppelled does not work. After I bought the lawnmower I had a guy come up to me and he wanted to buy it.:O
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/mower-1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/mower-2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/bagger.jpg[/img]
Karl

Hi, I believe this is the same mower as the Simplicity 1221 model. They were excellent mowers, Briggs engines and aluminum decks and as I remember 10" rear wheels. The self propelled models were driven by a very skinny V belt. They had a very heavy duty aluminum deck. We sold several in the mid eighties and they were excellent. They weren't cheap as I remember around $400 dollars for the SP model way back then. As I remember the Allis version was the same except for labeling. Al Eden

• 5 months later...
After talking to Dan Reed saturday I hear he bought the push mower I was talking about a couple months ago,Maybe we can get him to post a couple pictures.