Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hi - Low on Broadmoor 728

BLT

Bob, I had a 3 speed transmission from a 728 that I put in my first 717. I did put a hi/lo on it with no problems. With the LO speed engaged and in 1st gear you can go slower than a snail.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
Bob, I had a 3 speed transmission from a 728 that I put in my first 717. I did put a hi/lo on it with no problems. With the LO speed engaged and in 1st gear you can go slower than a snail.
Kris, that is what my fiend is looking for. I sold him my Broadmoor tiller a while ago and this is what he wants, very slow 1st gear. Thnx

I put a Hi/Lo on a 728 I used to have..I did it with the intention of using it with the tiller.. But it will also defeat the purpose because the tiller runs off the other side of the transmission input shaft..The Hi/Lo slows the input shaft as well so your tiller will just turn slooow too..It did come in handy a few times running the snow blower in real deep wet snow and also one time when I had to more a path across a field that was waist high.. You will have to cut the fender pan for the Hi/Lo shifter too..