Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7112H

Wikket

Hello ALl, I'm new to the Simplicity Lawn and Garden Tractors. I am cuurently looking at a 7112h, good shape, mower deck in excellent shape, motor turns but need some electrical work from the ignition. The guy wanted $225 for it. Do you guys think I should get even it needed some electrical work? Need some advise on

I paid $900.00 for one with a mower deck and a rear lift and a heavy duty snow plow (the style you can tilt from the tractor seat), it was running great and has been a great tractor. jh

Welcome Wikket! If it is in good shape like you say, I think it is a fair price. Plenty of info and help here. You should spend the 10 bucks for full membership. It'll be the best investment you make in the tractor.

Sounds OK to me. I bought the AC equivalent a few years ago, for $300.00 Ran, needed carb work. Find out what they mean by "electrical work". That might be as simple as a set of points, or as complicated as a wiring harness.

Like goatfarmer said you may luck out and have it be a set of points but if it needs to be rewired that wouldn't be that bad, it would also be a great learning experience:D. I would go for itdOd

Hello (again)Wikket, and welcome aboard, in order to post pictures, you need to be a member, the cheapest $10.00 you will ever spend. jh

Hello All, Well, I pick up the tractor. Looks good, brought it to the shop. Oh yeah, also pick up another set of rear wheels from the guy. (dullies) Battery dead. Jump start, turn the ignition nothing, no sound or anything. Now, trying it the dirty way, 12 volts to the starter. Engine crank, glad to here that thing crank. My question is, where can I get a wiring schematic for the 7112? Please help.. thanks for everybody input.

OrangeMetalGuy
[url]http://www.simpletractors.com/[/url] On the left column there's a place to enter your tractor's model #. Hit the search, then you'll get a list of .PDF files you can download. In my experience, you'll find maybe multiple manuals for the same tractor, but some end up having more info than others... so download 'em all and read them and delete the least-informative ones.

I believe your tractor has battery ignition. If the battery is dead and you're jumping to the starter it will not fire. You can't have spark without battery power.

exactly, I also jump from the battery and nothing, I think the wiring is wire wrong. I am looking for the ignition wire diagram and color scheme, I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Check all of the safety switches, one at the lever for the hydro, one at the lever for the PTO. Either one is disconnected or bad, it won't even give you the time of day when turning the key.

HeY there Wikket! Welcome aboard! Im Mike! Heres the parts manual for the 7100 series. look at page 40 for electrical diagram. Hope this helps!:D [url]http://www.simplicitymfg.com/data/temppdfs/TP_400_0751_00_SV_S_LOB5123FA1-DE3E-553E-FF8EC48C171EB20B.pdf[/url]