Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bearing size for a 7112

johnmonkey

Hello all, does anyone know the bearing size for a Simplicity 7112 front axle. I am painting my front rims and when I pulled them off the inner bearing on the left side was rusty (maybe that's why it was steering hard sm00). The numbers were worn off when I looked at them. Also does anyone know where to get the inner seals? Thanks for any and all help. jh

Thanks gentleman- Ok now I'm confused (= normal:Q) NTN 4T-LM1184SV1 or Lm11949 are the numbers why are there two numbers? using the numbers, I closely looked at my bearings (with a magnifierOOand I could barley make out the second number 11949, so I guess that's it eh? jh

Simpleton7016
Probably John, I am not 100% certain that these bearings are for a 7112. They were mated with rims that look like the go on my Sovereign, but I can not confirm that with absolute certainty. 4xbill sounds more confident than I.

Erik, One number is for the bearing cage assembly and inner race (e.g. cone). The other number is for the outer race (e.g. cup). Don't have the numbers handy but they are common bearings.

Simpleton7016
4:00 AM and I already learned my new fact for the day. Now I can goo back to bed. Thanks Roy! ...actually, that makes sense, my number game off of the flat surface on the back (wide side) of the bearing.

I don't know if this is helpful but it should be to some one. I have a '74 7010 and these fit it, as well as the b - series

I like the best and use the best so it's timken all the way. hear are the timken part# LM11900LA with the seal, LM11949 W/O seal and the race LM11910 good luck

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Good to see you around Ambler (so to speak). Is the bearings for a 7010 the same as a 7112? I thought the 7010 had narrow front tires (6"???) and the 7112 has 8" tires, does bearing size matter with tire size??? Thanks again, JH

If you are replacing the race(cone) and bearing you can use timken "set 2". The sets include the bearing LM11949 and the cone LM11910. The seal is #170168SM and is still available through Simplicity @ $4.59ea. The bearing and seal is interchangable with the bearing w/seal all the way back to the 725 with the larger inside hub to the wheel. Note I used these seals on my 3112 restore with new bearings because the bearing w/ seal seemed about impossible to get.

Another tipbit info: A spindle bearing will fit inside the wheel. I haven't yet used any this way but have fitted them inside a wheel and on a tractor out of curiosity. I was just worried a little about axial load. Just one of the believe it or not facts. So in theory the opposite could hold true also with some housing modifications.

Like a few folks already said, they are common bearings. And they do need to be packed with grease. I like Timken bearings too. But I am cheap and have so many tractors, I have to watch my expenditures. I got 8 bearings(no races, no seal) off ebay for like 12 bucks + shipping. Unfortunately they are made in China. Seem to be holding up fine.

John, I'm around so to speak. I've been helping my oldest get into college. She's a dancer and we have to apply to the college and the audition. I think we are doing 8 colleges. Now to do taxes and FAFSA. I've been working on a Sunstar. Re doing an engine then I'm mounting a loader, rear PTO and Tiller.I'll post when things die down. They have also been making me work. http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/bibliography.html

"They have also been making me work." Gee Ambler, that's a shame. A government employee actually having to work? Horrors!!!!!!!!! :O:O;):D What is FAFSA? Looking forward to seeing the results of your Sunstar project.