Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Tale of Two B-112s Updated 6/20/09

MDB

Here is a picture of the first B-112

This is the one that I picked up early in January, needs some work and a few parts. We will refer to this tractor as the Bob 112. Here is the second B-112

We will refer to this one as the Red B-112 for obvious reasons...&:):D I pick this one up in 2004 from Rokon 2813 when Jake and I were at GOTO. I have taken some parts off this one but never could decide whether to fix it up or part it out.... With the purchase of the Bob 112 the decision has been made to part the Red 112 so that the Bob 112 and other FDTs may live.

With the sacrifice of the Red 112 there should be more than ample parts to restore the Bob 112 to full working order and have a supply of parts for other projects as well.

Here is the engine for the Bob 112 cleaned up, new coil, points and condenser, ready to go back into the tractor.

And the Bob 112 cleaned up and ready for the engine. More to come later:D

Bob 112 will come out nice. ^ Again, cannot believe how some people ruin tractors with off color, sorry paint jobs. Poor ole Red 112. Take it the deep dish steering wheels were OEM???

You gonna tear Bab-112 completely down? If the red one was at least International/Farmal red one could sortta understand, but that's a strange looking color.

quote:
Originally posted by Jonnysac
Hi THE BOB can't wait to meet you in person!!:D
Hey Jon, I think this is the one to put the obnoctious little strait pipe on......:D666sm06

quote:
Originally posted by Zach
I hate to see these fine machines get parted out:( This means 1 lesswah
Same here.

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
quote:
Originally posted by Zach
I hate to see these fine machines get parted out:( This means 1 lesswah
Same here.
t ne Guys, I really don't like the idea that much either, but at some point you have to decide how much you can spend to restore a tractor. The Red 112 does not have an engine, the BGB needs rebuilt and it needs a gas tank as well. IMO too costly to restore but a wealth of parts to save several other FootDragers.....;)

Mike , I agree. My barn is a testament to that theory. There are the remains of several parts tractors scattered about. Most of the skeletons have been picked clean of usable parts, but I have running tractors to enjoy thanks to those parts tractors. Jim

• 2 months later...
Finally got back to the B-112. The engine is all cleaned up, painted, new Nelson can Muffler and ready to put back in. :D

More to come later.....

goatfarmer
That will be an outstanding B112 when finished! Yeah, you can't save 'em all.....

looken good mike. i gotta post my b12 restoration progress soon, im just bout done with her.

Looks good Mike By the way got the transaxle installed works great also, Hooked the deck up its super quiet now have to paint it sm01 Thxs

Engine looking good Mike. Kenny, IMO it just ain't right to put a kohler lid on the hood covering a BRIGGS.:D

nateb17010
MDB: how is the restoration going? you do such a nice job on all your work keep it up. what are you going to do with all the red B-110 parts when your down to bare bones. goatfarmer: looks good to start from and if it needs a place to stay I have room. but you can keep the kohler lid. btw it looks just like the head I took off today "14hp"

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
That will be an outstanding B112 when finished! Yeah, you can't save 'em all..... [img]/club2/attach/goatfarmer/ACB1.jpg[/img]
Using them for parts is one thing...But I don't know about relegating even a "FDT" to this kind of duty. :O:O

Sanded parts today, lots of fun.....here are a few pics.

Almost ready to paint:D

Simpleton7016
Looking real good Mike. What is your sanding methodology? Do you start with a heavy grit and progressively go lighter? Or do you just hit it all with an 80 or so?

Erik, Most of the time I have the tractor I am working on sandblasted. This one was not too bad so I decided to use an orbital sander. I start out with 80 grit then 180, then 240.

You are doing a mighty fine job, Mike. Love seeing these tractors torn down to the frame. Gives me inspiration!