Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

616 lift lever question

steve-wis

Hi, Found a lift lever that I will pick up tomorrow. Downloaded the manual for the lift lever also. According to what I see in the manual, you would push the lever to raise the deck? Also, it seems like the lever locks in the forward position, not the rear (toward the operator). If this is true, how does this lever work with a snow blade? Is there a different lever, or quadrant, or ???? The other possibility I see is that the lever will not lock the blade in the raised position, but that don't make alot of sense to me. Any info you have is appreciated! Steve

OrangeMetalGuy
Pull back to raise, push forward to drop. The lift has (left side of tractor) a quadrant with multiple notches. When you let go of the release knob, the lever catches in the nearest notch, thus holding the implement at the height you've selected. Now the snow blade has an interesting rod that connects the other side of the lift (on the right) to the blade lift tower. This rod is designed (and it's adjustable) so that you can have the lift lever fully forward but allow the blade to float.. however, when you pull back on the lift lever the blade will come up.

OrangeMetalGuy, According to Simpletractors, I need a #416 lift lever attachment. I downloaded the pdf manual, and it sure looks like a right side lever to me. The blade lift is on the right side. I have no provision on the 32" deck to attach a lift chain that I can see, but the manual says it should just attach to the right hand cover stud, which would imply the lever is on the right side. The quadrant, however, is shown with the notches positioned so you would push the lift lever to raise and lock. I am confused, is the pdf wrong? Help!! Added info: The blade manual calls for a #594 lift lever, which looks just like the #416 and is also right side mounted. Again, help!! Steve

OrangeMetalGuy
Is yours a Deutz 616 lime green tractor? I need to know exactly what tractor you have. Attach photos if you have any. On my AC-716H the mower deck lift chain just ties to the lift bail, this is in the middle of the tractor underneath. It doesn't tie to the lift quadrant on either side.

OrangeMetalGuy, My tractor is a Simplicity Yeoman 616, aprox. 1967 or 1968 vintage. It is 6 h.p. Pics in a previous post of mine from a week or so ago. Little tractor, foot dragger. In that other post, someone posted a pic of their 616, and the lever is on the right side on that one. Just noticed that now. Steve

OrangeMetalGuy
Ok, we need someone who knows something about FDTs here, to lend assistance to you... my experience is limited to RBTs... sorry I can't help more, like to but I don't know about the tractors like yours.

Scott, the 616 like he has is in the small frame group. The lift on the RBT and FDT tractors are 'basicly' the same, in how they function anyways, in the large frame group.

Just back from bud119195's place. Picked up the lift lever. For general info, it does work in both directions. With the mower deck on, you push the lever ahead to raise the deck and it locks in that position. With a front mounted attachment on, like a blade, you pull the lever back to raise and it also locks in that position. Cool set-up. And, thanks to todd for the lever and the tour of his collection! Steve-wis

Todd, Yes, I did. Hope to get it late this week and will post pics of the tractor with lever and blade when I get them all on. Thanks again! Steve