Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410S blower belt

artman48

36" blower belt keeps rolling. I have tried different angles on the small flat pulley and was able to slow down the rolling now I can clean up a maybe twice before it rolls. Any help would be appreciated Art

Make sure your pulleys line up. Sometimes you may need to do a little bending and tweaking. But before you start wreaking expensive belts ,use the cheaper ones to get set-up right. By the way Gates Green Belts work just fine.

I have had the best luck with a Simplicity belt. I have been changing the pulley angle a little at a time and it has helped. both were straight when I got it. any idea how much of a bend? any thoughts on belt tension? Thanks for the help Art

quote:
Originally posted by artman48
I have had the best luck with a Simplicity belt. I have been changing the pulley angle a little at a time and it has helped. both were straight when I got it. any idea how much of a bend? any thoughts on belt tension? Thanks for the help Art
Are the pins where the pulleys swivel on rust free and lubed? Rusty pins will cause a false loading on springs and then not give out right tension when engaged. When engaged the spring will fluctuate a bit when engaged.

quote:
Originally posted by Zach
BLT you only need to click on the post button once:D:D
I normally do, but four posts of the same now reduced to one. Thanks

Belt guides all present? Didn't realize I was missing one on mine and was wondering why the belt always wanted to pop off . Found out I was missing a guide , replaced it , and haven't had a problem since .