Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LL 101 front rubber

Zach

Hey guys, I have a Landlord 101 and I would like your opinions about front tires. Right now I have the factory narrow front wheels and tires. On a shelf in my garage I have a set of front rims off a sovereign type tractor. I want a set of the v-tread/super-lug type tires for the front to mach the rear tires. So my question is which set of rims should I buy a pair of super lugs for? What advantages do the wide front tires have over the narrow ones and vice versa?

Hey Zack I have a 3012 with the wide rims on the front and I like them. I have some Deestone Vbar Ags on the front with the wider rims. They tend to float a little more in the deep snow but other than that they are fine. Good luck.

It depends on what ground pressure you are looking for. The wider ones will float better but have slightly less grip. If you do groundskeeping or soft-ground the wider is better. If you do plowing or pave, narrow is easier to turn and more authoritative.

quote:
Originally posted by Zach
Anyone out there have V-treads on the narrow rims up front?
I ran them on the Big Ten that I put together... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/all_done.jpg[/img] They worked well, but given the choice, I'd run either the ags on wide wheels or the tri-ribs on the narrow wheels...

Thanks guys for all the helpful suggestions. I think I will go with the wider Ags on the sovereign type rims. I think they will go good with the 23x10.5x12 AGs that I have on the back. Wheres the best/cheapest place to get them?