Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need help determining 42" deck model #

OrangeMetalGuy

OrangeMetalGuy
I have a 42" deck but the model# plate is gone. I'm trying to download the correct manual... I've downloaded several mower-only manuals plus the 7016H parts manual. The problem is the 42" decks in those manuals don't exactly match mine. What's different appears to be the drive pulley assembly. I'm hoping someone can get me the right part # for the deck, from looking at the pics of the drive pulley and piece that attaches to the tall spindle:

OrangeMetalGuy
Sorry but that model # doesn't point to the right manuals either. I doubt that this is the deck that originally came with the tractor... that's why I included the pics of that attachment piece that connects onto the center spindle. Hopefully someone can recognize it. I just want to get a parts schematic so I know exactly how to put it together.

See if this one is right for you 990885. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/data/temppdfs/TP_400_1362_00_AT_S_LOA320D53D-931D-C2F4-47A3A2A944A3F40E.pdf

OrangeMetalGuy
Firefoxz1 I think you hit it... I'll compare to my pile-O-parts tonight at home, but it sure looks like the one I have. Thanks!

Simpleton7016
If there is room, put a double nut on that pulley spindle. If there isn't, then loctite the ever lovin' snot out of the single nut. If that nut comes loose during operation, you are up a certain creek that is a cousin of spit creek.

toomanytractors
The best thing you can do with the self locking nut on top of the arbor shafts is to pitch them in the trash and replace them. They should be available at the dealer and they're not that expensive. I've seen several shafts and pulleys ruined when they were used over even with thread locker on them. Dave

OrangeMetalGuy
I'll look the nuts over... they don't look like anything special but I'll check after I get them out of the vinegar they're soaking in to remove the rust.