Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B-112 Throttle problem

The throttle keeps wanting to slide in on my B 112. I'll pull it out and vibration, etc will allow it to slide back in. I haven't looked into it yet, but what kind of advice is out there for this problem. I'm curious to hear if others have this occurance.

Erich_Siewert
If you twist the throttle to the right it should lock in place. Turn it to the left to loosen and move in or out. If it is broken a simplity dealer should have a new one. ERICH

Sandy_Lake_Imp
These throttles do have a twist lock feature. The actual internal lock is plastic & will wear out if the control is forced back & forth instead of loosening it each time. New ones are available but pricey. I have seen some owners slightly bend the shank to help it hold but these old girls deserve more respect than that! Bill from home

MPH
Erich, thanks for the info on B112 trrottle locks. Put up that same problem all winter blowing snow. read that,ran out to check it out, too cool, mine still works, maybe past owners didn't know the feature was there like me, everthing else on ole girl is worn to extreme. MPH