Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Idler Pulleys

RayS

I haven`t had much luck locating a set of these for the past 6 months and I wasn`t about to pay $200.00 for a new set. I have two 36" tillers and a revitalizer that I only had one set for the three implements and they use the same belt so it wasn`t a big deal. I bought a 38" heavy duty tiller over the weekend and it uses abelt that is 10" longer and I didn`t want to switch belts all the time. So I finally built my own. Really easy to make. I have lots of pulleys and parts around here from parts tractors I have taken apart. If anyone is interested in making there own let me know and I will get you the dimensions. The 1 1/2" X 1/4" steel bar has the same radius bend as the seat bracket upright that holds the seat pan and rear hitch. That is what I used for the bar stock.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS I have lots of pulleys and parts around here from parts tractors I have taken apart. If anyone is interested in making there own let me know and I will get you the dimensions. The 1 1/2" X 1/4" steel bar has the same radius bend as the seat bracket upright that holds the seat pan and rear hitch. That is what I used for the bar stock.
Nice job Ray. Although I and probably many others don't have a need at this time, it will certainly only be a matter of time until we too stumble across that tiller we need and we won't be able to find this post to ask you. :D Might be a great candidate for a sketch and short write up in the tech tips so it is there for posterity.

Hi Mike, I plan on building another set over the next couple of days. I will take pictures and make a drawing and place in tech tips.

Really nice job there Ray. Be great to see your drawings, as I have a tiller project coming up next I believe, and I'm sure I'm missing the idlers, along with many other things.