Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I guess I will stop posting pics of my 4041

Time1992

Looks like the new guy is getting all the attention on his 4041 project, thats ok I wish him all the luck and hope it comes out great. I know you guys dont like us out here in Ca. anyway. I dont like it much out here either. Tim

I for one am interested in your project and would like to see more pictures and be kept updated. Why do you think that we do not like people from CA. ?

Tim I have no beef with anyone on this site and it doesn't matter where you are from. Alot of times I just breeze through posts quickly and don't comment because I don't have a lot of time to post comments, but you are doing a great job on your tractor. I hope I speak for everyone when I say Everyone is welcome here no matter where you are from, or your race. I hope you will continue to post pictures of your progress because it motivates me to get off of my duff and do work on my tractors. I hope you will stick around. Good luck

I cannot seem to narrow my scope of projects enough to afford a P'Max build -up so seeing any and ALL pictures of one are fascinating to me.:D Keep the pics coming! I for one don't want to live in Cali,( I like the occasional winter:Q) but would love to go truck shopping out there. I would give up a small body part for a rust free 60's Dodge.:p

New guy here.... Tim...you can't stop!!! My wife saw your project and talked me into tearing ours apart. Besides these great folks here always say there is not enough Powr Max rebuilds, so it's up to you and I to fill the quota. That said I'll RACE YA!!! sm01 NoRM who's wife comes from California

You two have an unfair advantage in your projects. Your both home working on them and I'm on the road. Can't wait to get back home.

Ok Munk, I cant race ya but Ill keep postin progress and as far as the wife being from Ca. SEND HER BACK CAUSE ALL THE GOOD ONES LEFT. LOL. Tim

"just me" that make to of us, but I agree with you time1992 there's not much conversation on some of these show and tells, make one feel like your talking to dead wood. I'm just envous of you having such a nice tractor all I have found was some way over price piles here in Iowa last fall seen a 616 at auction sell for over $3,500.00 not restored and lots of hrs on it to. the others been around $1500.00 +, but that's about 7 I have seen in the last 9 years of looking. don't give up even thou you live in CA. and not wi or pa, I, me here in Iowa will always take a look at your cool looking tractor and wishing but I have to stop drooling over some thing I can't afford or obtain. maybe some day..

Nate just keep looking you will find one when you least expect it, before I knew what I had I turned down a 4041 with a bad motor for $ 300.00, wish I could go back in time. I posted pics of tires and sizes on my other post for you. Tim

Hey, California's not a bad place to be from....:D I spent 4 years in San Diego in the mid 60's but missed the changing seasons so I moved back to Michigan. (that's when I was young and stupid) I'm not so young any more :D

What, another fellow Pmax addict out here in central CA? I thought I was the only one out here on the west coast with this disease! :) Tim, I live 15 minutes north of you in Madera Ranchos: we'll need to talk and compare notes one of these days. mike bennett madera, CA

Do I have pictures of my tractors? Is that a trick question? :D Let's see, pictures of my addiction:

Here's my very useful Powermax Loader: I don't know how I got along so long without a loader, I am so spoiled now. This is a good friend of mine unloading steel beams for my soon-to-be-built covered storage area.

Here's my "Lets make one good Pmax out of two" shot. The 720 is in the background, the System 9020 is in the foreground. It's good to have a parts tractor.....

My favorite, an early B10 in my front yard. This is my main mower, every week all spring, summer and fall. Would like to do a hydro conversion on it some day....

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) my addiction does not confine itself to just Simplicity or AC garden tractors. Here's one of my most unique tractors, a mid 70's Pasquali 991. It has a 21 hp, single cylinder air cooled diesel engine, 9 speed, 4wd and articulates in the middle. There are quite a few more out back in varying states and conditions! mike

plastikosmd
nice pasquali, I had one..loved it. does yours have power steering or no? If not, dont think of putting your hands inside the steering wheel to rest. Here was mine dragging my new saw to the shop and bending around a tree

Don't know the exact weight of the I beam. I estimated it around 500 pounds and the tractor picked it up and moved it no problem. Yes, my Pasquali has power steering. It's down at the moment while I fix the PTO shifter inside the trans. Looking forward to using it again. Amazing mobility with 4wd and those big tires. mike

Mike that B10 is really a classy looking machine, did you do the restore ? I must say it looks like the King of the road, and that 4x4 articulated thing ? never heard of one before, pretty neat. I guess Im gona hafta come out to the ranchos to see your stuff. Tim