Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This has been the work horse this winter. pic

Cvans

This is my 6512.5 Simplicity. I purchased this last summer from a gentleman in Minnesota. At the time I had no Idea that I would spend nearly as many hours on it as I have. It has turned out to be a very reliable tractor. Starting without a hitch even when the temps. were below zero. The dog food bag on the rack is full of sand. I just slide it into the loader bucket when I take it off in the spring. The weight has turned out to be perfect with the blower on the front. The only thing I plan on changing is to install a 16 hp. Vanguard this summer as the engine is getting a little tired and the blower makes it pull pretty hard. She has been a Peach otherwise. Thought you might like to see what is keeping me out of trouble this winter. Take care, Chris

What is the Ariens in the Background? I started with one of these when I was still in high school. I had a S12H that I bought a 16 hp Kohler for. Tore it half way down to rebuild it, and finally sold it about 8 years later still in pieces after college and getting married, two kids, etc. Still wish I'd had the time to clean it up and put it back together. They're not pretty, but they were well built and very heavy.

Hi Darin: Your pretty close on the Ariens. It is an S16H. I purchased it and the 48" blowerdOd and tiller for very reasonable. The guy started to take the blower and tiller apart and got hung up. Your right about being built heavy. I think this thing weighs 800 lbs. dry. It has hydraulic lift's and PTO's front and rear. I just moved it indoors because of an upcoming storm. They do have a look all of their own OO. I haven't checked but I think it even larger than my Kubota. This is going to be my tilling and blowing machine in the future. I'll keep the Simplicity for mowing. I have never had a mower that leaves the yard as nice looking as the Simplicity. I think every time I mowed with it last summer my wife commented on how nice the yard looked. Take care, Chris

I have a 6211 that Is quite similar to yours. I wanted to be able to throw slush and heavy snow with it so I pulled the 11 hp engine and dropped an 18 hp opposed twin cylinder in it:D It hasn't clogged once and the best part is it will blow water:O I'm going to play around with pulley sizes and see if I can get some more throwing distance out of it^ With PTO driven attachments that ask a lot of the engine like snow blowers and mowers the extra hp is great. The only down side is fuel consumption8C I have 8 driveways that I do every time it snows and I go thru about a gallon per driveway:O Good luck with your engine swap:)

I have a 6211 that Is quite similar to yours. I wanted to be able to throw slush and heavy snow with it so I pulled the 11 hp engine and dropped an 18 hp opposed twin cylinder in it:D It hasn't clogged once and the best part is it will blow water:O I'm going to play around with pulley sizes and see if I can get some more throwing distance out of it^ With PTO driven attachments that ask a lot of the engine like snow blowers and mowers the extra hp is great. The only down side is fuel consumption8C I have 8 driveways that I do every time it snows and I go thru about a gallon per driveway:O Good luck with your engine swap:)

i had the chance to by one for $50 bucks at the colchester show out here last July but it was 105 degrees sm00 and my dad was too lazy to load in his truck for me so i had to pass on the deal wah and it was same as yours.. a 6512.5

Cocjo92. You could have given your dad $25.00 to help and you still would have stolen it. Too bad for the missed deal. They don't come along like that every day. Msiebern: If you look a little farther up the page you will see where I replied to another inquiry about the Arien S16H Zack: 18hp ought to just about twist that poor tractor in half. I think the biggest engine they came with was a 16hp. How wide of a blower do you have on yours? It's been awhile since I measured the blower but I think it is 32 inches. The blower on the Ariens is 48 inches and it is tall. It is also a 2 stage which I'm not real crazy about. My single stage blows the snow about the right distance for me and the harder you push into the snow the better it works. I'm a little worried about the 2 stage in wet snow. Time will tell I guess. Thanks for the positive remarks. It's hard to tell from the photo but these are not a small tractor. Mine has the 23x10.5x12 tires and I'm pretty sure it had the originals on it when I brought it home. Chris

Chris, they actually did make a 6218. Check it out [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1983/6200%20Series.htm[/url] I'm running a 36 inch blower, I like the narrower ones better because their power is more concentrated and their great for narrow walkwaysdOd With an 18 hp engine, you put the throttle up and there's no stopping it^

6218, now that would be something. I might have to keep an eye out for one of those. I will say the 12.5 horse power is frugal with the gas. The Vanguard 16 hp. wasn't bad either when it was in my Aunts mower. For a vertical shaft tractor, Simplicity sure got this right. Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Cvans
Msiebern: If you look a little farther up the page you will see where I replied to another inquiry about the Arien S16H
:OB)Well there I go showing my slow minded quick fingered posting. :) Saw the picture and didn't bother to read much farther before posting. The reason I asked is because I also have a S16H with a two stage blower. Needs a new engine as the current one has a well ventilated block. Used the Ariens with mower deck for rough cut areas but when it comes to grooming the lawn, only the AC's & Simplicity's are permitted. :D

Hi Mike: That is a cute grand daughter on your tractor. I haven't had the Ariens long enough to get to know it. How well does does your blower work? Did the tractor come with the ventilated crankcase? Right now I'm working on my Kubota G4200 and the Ariens is next as I would like to use the tiller this spring. At the present time it is snowing pretty good so I suppose the Simplicity is in for another workout today.sm06 I'll get to break in the new blower belt. Chris

Thanks for the comment on the granddaughter, she is a keeper for sure! (at least we think so) Haven't had a chance to try the Ariens blower yet. The 1st winter there wasn't enough snow to blow and then the next summer the block demanded air conditioning while mowing. It's on the to do list. I have been using my Broadmoor 728 with the snowblower here at the house and am amazed how well the little 8 horse can sling the snow. Use the 7114 with 42" blower over at the farm unless it gets too bad then I just get out the MF 65 with back blade. Hopefully time and money will come together this summer to get the S16H back up and running. It has to wait for a couple of Allis B series projects first. Glad you are the one getting the snow, I am about ready for some lawn duty and garden tilling. Hopefully plowed the last snow last weekend.