Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ever think it was the dif. well I did.

nateb17010

well I was plowing snow around the first of the year and it just stopped. so I pushed it back to front the garage it was -10+ and windy so I called it a day, and went back to working on my 87 AMC Eagle, well today I pushed out the Eagle and pushed in the b-10 early, it was like 48* to day well I tore in to it and found this:

well my hands where bad by this time and had to get ready for work. so I will have to put it back together to night when I get home. and finnish this post and let you know how it runs

Zack: they are skid steer tires 23-8.50-12, I'm thinking about cutting the tread down some "sharpen". don't have the bite I am after, but I love them in the snow.

well the key is missing, no key found, found a part of the set bolt in the hub left side, the non dif side. the one that's sits over the key was still there. well got home tonight and looked in my parts for a key, no luck so I threw on a new hub put in my studs and put the rest back together and cranked it up and gave it a try, YES IT WORKS. all this time thinking it was the dif, and all it was, was the missing key. man I hate dumb bran farts don't you? simplicity85: this is my 87 AMC Eagle 4x4.

more pitchers at: http://photobucket.com/Ramblerman62-87

You do intend on getting a key Right? My guess is someone failed to put one in last time it was off, only condition I found them in is near impossible to get out due to rust. Sure like the pulley you have on the tranny, that's got class.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH Sure like the pulley you have on the tranny, that's got class.
yeah it does. I can't wait to see it after you get it chromed!

you know that's why I have kept it on, it looked so cool, scary but cool. well this was a 3 spd that was just put in to service after last year, when I broke the axle tube in the original rear end. it's fixed now and was going to be put back in if I couldn't find out why or some thing internal. it was rusty and had a broken set bolt. things I over looked last year. I was the only one that liked to go out and play in the snow, now the neighbor bought a pickup with a snow blade, so now I have to beet him to it. :D owning a mustang for a daily driver makes it hard not to plow before you go to work, because you won't go other wise. to get them off is hard, panther wee, air hammer and remove the set bolts, soak in for a day. every day hit with the air hammer or a hammer on the thickest part. then when it moves you can take it off. but the easy way is to put it in a press and it comes right off. it's back together now so sat morn it can snow all it wants.

I bought this tractor at a black smith auction around 2003 for $350.00. he had put this pulley on, alone with a large side post bat. witch he cut the hood and dash to fit it in. that's why my 63 has a 64 hood, but no 64 tractors in my fleet, but I had a hood from one? the dash is off a b-10 late, I don't own a late yet, just have not found one. this tractor should have been a parts tractor with the things wielded, bolted, and cut off of it. but it was only cosmetic's, she runs great. so I found parts to put her back together. and she's my most used tractor. I figured that sense she likes to be ran hard and put a way wet, I would do the same.

here's what I replaced it with

this is what I found sorry I could see it with my eyes guess the camera still has a long way to go to compete.

mph the key was in the replacement hub already.

it helps out a lot to line up the holes, when you go to put back on the tire. I do run 5 on the dif side, and I have allen head set screw torqued to 20 ft pounds. just makes it easy to take on and off.