Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone posted on these?Electric Loaders

SmilinSam

Sam, Have not seen that one before, but ya got to wonder, light weight tractor, large bucket overhang from front of tractor? Maybe he plans on using some large batteries as a rear counterbalance? I wonder what the current draw of the two to three actuators is when its lifting the load?

http://www.kelleymanufacturing.com/index.php I thought it might be related to this company, they've been building loaders for larger tractors in our area for years.

I realize the tractor isnt built for stuff like they have hung on it, but I'm alaways looking at stuff from fabricators mindset....ie remanufaacturing to fit other stuff. I wouldnt really want an electric one myself, but if you think about it it wouldnt be too bad for a suburbanite with a small to moderate yard for certain light duty tasks. Thet rate this at 500 lb capacity, but I wouldnt dream of puttting that much on a tractor like that. It could be painted black and hung on one of those new Allis Chalmers stamped frame tractors. Maybe it would look better then ?:p

Wonder if there could be a problem with the two lift actuators getting out of sync? Looks like a heavier load on one side would slow that side down. I agree that the bucket is way too far out. I would sacrifice a little lift height by moving it back a couple feet. Would sure take a bunch of load off the front end of the chassis. I have considered, but not seriously, adding an extra joint to the loader on my 720 to let the bucket tuck in to right ahead of the tires.

I would like to see it lift 500 lbs. My L 10 is about 10 times heavier built and rated at 500 lbs break away with a 300 lb lift capacity. The bucket is about 10 inches ahead of the front wheels and 42" wide. I agree an uneven load in the bucket would definstely strain the actuator on that side. I think a Johny Bucket would be much better if a guy couldn't find a loader. I personally would never buy a new tractor like that. In my opinion they are all built to last a few years and then it is cheaper to replace it than fix it. Yes I was fortunate to find my L 10 and know it. Thanks

If the actuators get out of sync due to uneven loading you could just lift the bucket all the way up or all the way down until both actuators were either fully extended/retracted and that would get them back in time with each other. When the actuators reach maximum travel the motor will sort of spin free. Just a thought.

Dan it looks like the discharge cover for the deck. If you watch the video you can see something flexing a bunch, and he never picks any weight up.

plastikosmd
It is not a bad idea for a light duty loader. Sure it could be beefier but you would probably quickly overstress the frame/frontend/tires etc as sam said "It could be painted black and hung on one of those new Allis Chalmers stamped frame tractors. Maybe it would look better then"

Looks like an almost 'cute' wanna-be loader on a wanna-be tractor. Judging from the electric lift on my 3314 I would think it be pretty slow.