Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1967 Simplicity 717 Snowblower Help

davecastfe

I have a 1967 broadmoor 717 with the 32" snow blower does anyone know what size belt that the snow blower takes? I thought I could make it through the rest of the winter with the one I have but I was servicing the tractor today and I don't think it will make it we are supposed to get 6-10" of snow tonight and I sure don't want to have to use my walk behind. Thanks Dave

It is just a single belt I went to the simplicity dealer this morning and they looked at me like I was stupid or something. He said we don't have any parts books that go back that far good luck and have a nice day.

Sounds like your dealer needs an attitude adjustment. According the the manuals I have it takes belt #106723 which is a half inch belt with a 79.1" length. It lists it as besing superceded by PN# 1666801SM which is 1/2 x 80. I would suggest contacting one of our sponsors. Sandy Lake Equipment is very good at helping with the older models and often have just what you need in stock with fast shipping.

quote:
Originally posted by davecastfe
It is just a single belt I went to the simplicity dealer this morning and they looked at me like I was stupid or something. He said we don't have any parts books that go back that far good luck and have a nice day.
Not a very good dealer IMO. They don't need physical manuals btw . The parts can be looked up on line easily . That's how MY dealer has found all the part #s etc for my machine when I needed them .

Judging by the radar you might not be able to get a belt today, however you might get one at NAPA 4L800 Green, nothing else and Gates 6880 to get thru the weekend. There are some Simplicity close by you also. Go here: http://www.simplicitymfg.com/dealers/ Type in 25 mile radius to see where they are.

I agree, the vast majority of briggs family parts are on the online database. Even the more primitive dealers in my area have the online access. One really way old dealer has books back to the 40s and database everywhere else. Don't be afraid to look at big tractor type places. Namely AGCO dealers(at least around here) have simplicity/briggs connections and farmers don't take that kinda attitude.