Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax Front Tires

PeppyDan

I have seen several tread pattern front tires on Powermax series tractors and want to know if more than one brand was factory on these tractors through the years they were built. I am only asking about the 20x8-10 size turfs. The Simplicity 9020 that I feel is factory originals wear the Goodyear's with this tread pattern.

The Allis Chalmers 620 that I recently purchased wears Carlisles with this tread pattern. These definitely look fatter than the Goodyear's but carry the same size designation.

I have frequently seen both types on various tractors and would like more information on which is what the factory put on them and did they change to the other type later in production? Thanks, Dan

Dan, my only experience has been that all of the originals for both front and back were Goodyears. The Carlisles I am betting are a replacement for the original Goodyear. ps.. if you know how to get a picture to re-size to post I have one of some powermax's I have been trying to post with no luck. Send me your email address & I will email it if you think you can help. Thanks. Vic

I thought too that the Carlisles are probably replacements but since I have seen them on many tractors I just wanted some reassurance that the Goodyears were originals. Dan

Pretty sure the replacements I put on my 4040 are Carlisles Dan. same size but I had to put washers behind them inorder to space them away from the tractor so they wouldn't rub because they ballon out a lot more.

if you have trouble with tire rub like on the mower deck, when you replace the front tires look for the 20x8-10 with the CS designation for curved shoulder fixes the problem

quote:
Originally posted by eagle5473
if you have trouble with tire rub like on the mower deck, when you replace the front tires look for the 20x8-10 with the CS designation for curved shoulder fixes the problem
That's interesting, Know I know what the CS stands for! Dan