Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front rib tires...

kenstoys

Where can I get a set of narrow 2 or 3-rib front tire size 4.80/4.0-8 any info would be great.. I have seen them on a few older 700 and 725'S when running lug tires on the rear....

I've got two sets of these of ebay. Best price and fast shipping. Bob (BLT) just picked up a set for himself also. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/2-4-00-8-4P-Deestone-Tri-Rib-F-2-DS5106_W0QQitemZ330300851988QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0[/url] Tom

I just bought 3 rib tires for the front and AG tires for the rear of my Panzer. Jim - the owner of Dandy Sales (www.dandysales.com) sells Panzer parts, but has a distributor that he gets Carlisle tires from. His prices beat Tractor Supply and even the eBay guys. You might give him try too.

I agree with Tom on GCT Wholesale. I purchased some PowerTrac Ags and wide rib front tires from him last year. Great prices and a good guy to deal with. Being in the Cleveland area, I was able to pick them up at his house and save the shipping. I also intend to buy as set of the narrow Deestone tri-ribs soon. Glen

Does using front rib tires help any when plowing snow? My only complaint with my AC712 is steering in the snow using the turf tires. Just can't turn. Dan aka IronPony

I have the same question as Dan. When I look at a picture of the wide "rib" tires (16x6.5-8 size), it does not appear that they will work in snow any better than turf tires - maybe even worse! They are almost flat (bald) other than the tread grooves. Conversely, the pictures for thinner rib tires (3.50-8 size or 4.00-8) show a much different "rib" design where the thin "rib" extends out from the tire. I think these would work well in snow. Sorry I don't have pictures but you can clearly see the difference by looking at pictures on the Cedar Rapids Tire site. My point is that two types of tires are both called "rib" tires but they are very different! Tom

I put a set of tri-ribs on my B-10 that I use with the front blade. I loaded them with washer fluid,it helps alot with the steering as long as I let the blade float, or with very little down pressure. (It has hyd lift)