Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

110 blade loader forks

CharlieVoda

I plow about 450 feet of driveway. I didn't want to take my loader bucket off to put on a blade and wanted a larger blade than 48" so here is the outcome. This setup has worked great all winter. My buddy and I took a 54" (warning) Ariens trip blade and mounted it on my L 10 loader. We made a bracket welded it to the blade mount drilled two holes in the back of the 42" bucket and it attaches or removes with two hitch pins in about 2 minutes. Well after some bragging to each other we decided the project bracket turned out to be so simple we would make a set of forks on the same principle. Took some hollow stock turned it into forks built the bracket to fit the back of the bucket and had a set of forks that adjust from about 10" out to 41" on the od. The thing is awesome when you want to pile up the snow higher with the lift on the bucket. Have 75 lb. weights on the rear tires, 12 hp Briggs and 2 90 lb. Dakon front weights from a farm tractor hanging on the rear lift. Easy to remove they hit the ground and stand when you lower the rear lift.

Next we are going to make a 48" digger for the bucket with 8 to 10 wide cultivator blades on it to bust up the ground before digging with the bucket in dry or hard ground. More pics in my qallery if your interested.

Simpleton7016
Absolutely ingenious! But with my luck, I would hit a manhole cover or something and snap my tractor in half at the BGB! Most guys would have bought another tractor, but your idea is much better.

Brilliant indeed. I like the idea of having a blade on a loader as my snow berms never get hard enough to drive up on without braking though, that's NO fun. Another good reason to keep looking for a loader.

Ted R. Williams
Wow!! Backyard mechanics and old tractors-just doesn't get any better than this. Great idea and great work!