Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The BIG one .... - NOT for me

PhanDad

on the way to the mid Atlantic coastal area? We'll know by tomorrow AM. It'll be fun to have one big snow to blow - then time for spring.

They are calling for 3-6" around here, plow is ready on the 716-6spd I have the blower on the 917, but never did finish the cab install. Or I could mount the Johnny bucket back on the Big Ten like below.

I just got my 710 six speed ready (AGAINB)). I had to grab a wheel off of ol' Betsy (1963 Gmark)as my 710 had a flat tire :(!, she is ready with the V plow 8D. jh

They are talking 6 to 12 in this area. Only tractor I have ready for snow is the EF1 with the bucket. Guess I will use it if the snow is in the 12 inch range.

bigtenboy65
i dont know if we will get much, i guess i need to wake up early and put on the plow and tire chains, sounds like lots of fun if i get off school again

i hope i get school off too! then i can have some fun with the b110 and blower. we supposed to get 15+!!!! inches!!! here in foxboro. hope i can get some good pictures to post

We got 10" here in Strasburg, pa. I wasn't really wanting a day off from work since I had a sick day friday. At least I was able to catch up on my backlogged repair work. The 3-belt worked pretty decent for the most part until I hit the slush layer at the curb in the afternoon. In the morning it was all powder and all blowing.

Bill, How did you make out today? Weather map said you got a pretty good amount. I only ended up with 3" or so.

Well, we got about 10 to 12 inches here. Despite spending some time Saturday to get them ready, I had to shovel MY WHOLE DRIVWAY!!!!!!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Any one who has been here will understand why I'm so mad and sore.

Elon, You cannot just drop that hint and not say anything. So you spent all this time on saturday just to exercise your arms? Come on, clue us in on what happened. Why couldn't you use your tractors to clear the driveway? Rick........

Not the "big one" for me - total accumulation was about 5" and the last inch or so was spread out over all of yesterday. Heavier snowfall to the east of me over in central NJ. Had about 4" to blow yesterday AM. Sorry, no pics due to no camerawomen.

joshuaareed
Holy Cow Elon, did you shovel all the way down to the main road? That must have sucked bad.

Don't feel bad Elon, my snow tractor still had the leaf vacuum mounted to it. I didn't even shovel the 5 inches we got. Just packed down some tracks so that it would not melt and re-freeze at full thickness. I did shovel the walkway. Tractor would not fit through there anyway.

Ok here is the story. The 3410 with the twin 18 in it, is down because the electric lift, plus the electric PTO, and the electric turn spout draws way too much juice for the 3 amp alt. I never thought about the alt when I put it all in.:O:I The 725 runs, but has the flip plow mounted and it's not working yet. The 7016 with the 36inch blower keep throwing the belt. Even when I swapped it for the 42 inch blower from the 3410, it still threw the belt. Not sure why. The Mutt diesel has not run in a long time, and she's buried with no attachment on it. The 7100 has the plow on it, but the stupid spring that holds the angle lock in place is too loose and slips out every time. The 26 inch tires on the rear have no weights either. On top of all of that, all the tractors are in the back tent, which is not weather proof. My 17 ft fish and ski is in the front tent. and is not easily moved out, so to work on the tractors, I have to do it out back. So I have only done "band aid" type fixes. Yes I shoveled all the way to the street. I never measured it, but it's some were between 500 and 700 feet. Amazingly, it only took me 3 and a half hours.:D

What! The Vice President of the Simplicity Garden Tractor Club and hand shoveling your driveway. What happen to the Madam Secretary? :D:D If I was there I would have helped, I sure miss the snow!
quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Well, we got about 10 to 12 inches here. Despite spending some time Saturday to get them ready, I had to shovel MY WHOLE DRIVWAY!!!!!!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Any one who has been here will understand why I'm so mad and sore.

quote:
Originally posted by joshuaareed
Holy Cow Elon, did you shovel all the way down to the main road? That must have sucked bad.
Yeah that must havesucked. i no how long your drivway is. WOW

I feel your pain Elon, 3 belt snowblower on the B-10 rolled the belt and would not stay on. Front clutch on the 7016 the lining failed and would not drive the snowblower. 3416 has needed a new lining since last year.. Front clutch on the Cub 147 broke the fiber button on the engagement shaft and chewed up the clutch. But I did not have to shovel dOd Got the snowblower and chains on the Wheelhorse 418 and snowblowed paths to the tractors and sheds. So, we got to play on the 7790 diesel with plow, 700 with the plow, 101 landlord with the plow, B112 with the plow, B212 with the L112 loader, Cub 1650 with the plow and the Cub 107 with the plow..and of course, Justin on hus 3416 doing doughnuts and getting stuck... We received 12" of snow and I'm tickled^:D Andy Waldorf Md

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Ok here is the story. The 3410 with the twin 18 in it, is down because the electric lift, plus the electric PTO, and the electric turn spout draws way too much juice for the 3 amp alt. I never thought about the alt when I put it all in.:O:I The 725 runs, but has the flip plow mounted and it's not working yet. The 7016 with the 36inch blower keep throwing the belt. Even when I swapped it for the 42 inch blower from the 3410, it still threw the belt. Not sure why. The Mutt diesel has not run in a long time, and she's buried with no attachment on it. The 7100 has the plow on it, but the stupid spring that holds the angle lock in place is too loose and slips out every time. The 26 inch tires on the rear have no weights either. On top of all of that, all the tractors are in the back tent, which is not weather proof. My 17 ft fish and ski is in the front tent. and is not easily moved out, so to work on the tractors, I have to do it out back. So I have only done "band aid" type fixes. Yes I shoveled all the way to the street. I never measured it, but it's some were between 500 and 700 feet. Amazingly, it only took me 3 and a half hours.:D
Hmmm, the 725 is the only one running.....Looks to me like you need to get rid of all those pesky RBTs and get some good dependable FDTs....:Dsm06&:):Dsm06

quote:
Hmmm, the 725 is the only one running.....Looks to me like you need to get rid of all those pesky RBTs and get some good dependable FDTs....
They all run fine, just have some issues that's all.

hahaa! i did my driveway with the B-110 and i only had no more than litterally 1/16th of a tank of gas!!! these things are great on gas. but just ran out on last row i had to blow so i got the 3416 going and that had bout same amount of gas..used it to clean up and right as i parked it in garage it ran out of gas LOL FDT's FOREVER!!! :D

We only got about 3" here. I just used the plow tractor and didn't get the blower tractor out. I think my plow tractor is going to need a varible adjustment or new belts come spring though. Sure glad I haven't had Elon's luck:(.