Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

winterizer kits for 900 - 7100 series

RayS

Been messing around this weekend with some ideas on a winterizing kit for the 900 and 7100 series tractors. Would work on the 700 - 7000 series as well. Bolts to three existing holes on the engine. Probably won`t get any snow to try it out before spring:(. It definitely will keep ice and snow off the linkages.

Thanks for the compliments! I don`t know about being a artist. I definitely am tired of my throttle shaft freezing up. I have a couple of the winterizing kits for the 700-7000 series tractors, but the lip on the inside of a 900 series tractors doesn`t allow it to be used without some modifications. This definitely covers more area than the 700-7000 series kit and isn`t much weight. I want to make a drawing and put it in Tech Tips but I don`t have one of those fancy programs. Maybe I will see if I can get Roy to make a drawing if I supply the measurements.

Simpleton7016
You were busy today Ray! I tried to get my winter carb kit design added to the tech tips, but no one bit. :D Worked like a charm though!
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Carbshield16.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/Carbshield36.jpg[/img]

Good thinking Ray. ^ Be glad to help if needed. Would the covers work better if the exhaust elbows were beneath them?

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Good thinking Ray. ^ Be glad to help if needed. Would the covers work better if the exhaust elbows were beneath them?
More than likely. I haven`t gotten a chance to use it yet. I don`t see how the snow could blow back onto the linkages and freeze since they are all covered and the block puts off heat. The biggest problem I have is the throttle shaft freezing up.

Eric, that is prettty damn funny! Guess thats not thermoset plastic:D You would be better off using a lid to an old toolbox???

And I thought I had built the optimum winterizer kit.:D It was on its way to the dump so I used it.:O

Doesn't rattle at all. Weight of the hood holds it tight. It actually is wedged when the hood is closed. I will have to change the design when I get around to re-painting the tractor like it should be. I was originally going to design one like Ray did, but I quickly threw this one together a few years back when a huge snowstorm was predicted. Needless to say, that storm did not materialize and we have not had a bad storm since. I may make a new one when I paint the tractor.