Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New(to me)simplicity 700

bigtenboy65

bigtenboy65
On friday night i was going to check out a local mudsale for the lawn and garden stuff, well there wasnt anything worth while there so my buddy and i started walking back to the car, i see this chevy blazer pull up real slow with a trailer and out of curiosity i look over and saw a familiar fender and then i ran over looked over the tractor and snowplows and decks and asked the guy if he wanted to sell it before it went in the auction and he was like sure...i asked if 100 bucks was good and he was like yeah, so i got a 700 pretty complete, i need the foot rest peices and a battery and it will be complete, i also got a very very nice 42" deck and two plows(i dont know what brand) the one is a speed plow thats like coned. everything on the tractor is free, it has no rust on the hood or grille peice or in or on the tank, and the grille is in excelent condition with no cracks or dents or dings i dont have any pictures of it yet but i will try to get one with it next to my grandpas prestige

Simplicity85
quote:
Originally posted by Zach
100 bucks for a tractor and a few attachments:O Nice score^dOd
Well said.

bigtenboy65
thanks guys, ive been looking for a b-1 or something like it and i found it, the guys like 20 and he said that he has 22 garden tractors after i got this one, hopefully i dont get the disease through this one

well if the guy has 22 tractors and is willing to part with a 700 in complete shape for 100 bucks I sure hope you got his address. good score.

bigtenboy65
he said that most of them are wheel horses, i saw one at the fair this year and it was cleaned up really nice, it had dual stacks and i shined

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
well if the guy has 22 tractors and is willing to part with a 700 in complete shape for 100 bucks I sure hope you got his address. good score.
Yeah i'd be there in a heartbeat! :D:D

Sounds like someone I sold a wheelhorse to last summer. Is that guy from kirkwood? That explains why I didn't see any Simp equipment to speak of at the sale;) Cool deal.

bigtenboy65
thanks again guys, ill post some pics as im bringing it home from my paps farm josh- you are right the guy is from kirkwood and that would be why there no simplicity stuff there