Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow

plastikosmd

plastikosmd
Well no action shots...(hopefully green doesnt make you sick to your stomach!) 3320 diesel with loader 332 diesel with blower

Using mother nature to clean off my truck I drove down the road and by the local airport and saw this big ORANGE truck/blower working. Very cool

plastikosmd
not sure, it is of the same class of 300 series tractors as the more popular 318, then i think there is a 320 then the diesel 322. Sheetmetal is bit rough but only has about 1000 hrs on motor. I have the deck/hydrauic tilt/lift plow and blower. Got to find a bagger for it this spring. Anway look who I caught sitting inside and out of the snow! The 16hp repower works great, block repair is holding well. Exhaust stack is on, wiring from old SG to new starter/charging is done (was easy..1 wire to connect.)

Nothing wrong with the green! I have a 212, a 300, and a 425. Color notwithstanding, they work great. My 425 is hydraulic with a blower, snow blade, cab, weights and a 60" deck.

plastikosmd
I would have like a 400 series diesel, but JD prices are crazy for used diesels. They hold their value. I was able to get the 322 for 1500 bucks, If I tossed the rear lights back in, and put some paint on it, I could double my money all day. It is a good worker. It doesnt cut nearly as well as my allis but if i didnt live in surburbia my allis would have several bullet holes in it from me losing my temper with the deck drive/pto. No fault of the tractor, there is just some wear there that caused me fits.

Some deere are alright. STX 38 mower, not so good. 3410 with loader(really a Yanmar), Good tractor.

Nice pair of Deere there. We have a pair of JD, a 455 and a 318, both great machines. The 318 is our "mule" and cuts the "rough" areas. The 455 is the main lawn machine. The 60" commercial deck with a few modifications provides a beautiful cut. It has 3800 hours on it and shows no sign of quitting yet. I am eagerly awaiting getting the power max running so we can compare it's cut against the JD. NoRM

plastikosmd
Yea, good question, if the PM has the same cut as the smaller machines. Most of the cut quality is the floating deck and rollers after giving it a nice look. The 318 is a tough machine..and made better with a diesel. Very happy with that little tractor. I use my allis for the 'rough stuff' lugging, pulling, dragging etc. no hydro stuff to get hung up.

quote:
Originally posted by plastikosmd
I would have like a 400 series diesel, but JD prices are crazy for used diesels. They hold their value. I was able to get the 322 for 1500 bucks, If I tossed the rear lights back in, and put some paint on it, I could double my money all day. It is a good worker. It doesnt cut nearly as well as my allis but if i didnt live in surburbia my allis would have several bullet holes in it from me losing my temper with the deck drive/pto. No fault of the tractor, there is just some wear there that caused me fits.
Well, my 425 has a 20hp liquid cooled kawasaki, not the diesel...but if I told you what I paid for it, it'd make you sick to your stomach.:D

plastikosmd
PLEASE make me sick, I can handle it! Cant remember the diesel hp or even cylinders off top of my head..maybe 3? at 17hp? ponder

Well, lets say I paid $200 for the blade with the optional hydraulic turning cylinder so the blade turns and goes up and down (with awesome down pressure) like on a regular plow truck...... and thats about $200 more than I paid for the tractor with the weights, cab (missing a back window), chains, 54" hydraulic blower and the 60" deck. I had to fix a few wires, it has a few hydraulic leaks, and as of yet I cant get the PTO to engage for the deck/blower operation. Are you sick yet?:D

One thing about them green machines out in the snow, they can't hide like they do in the tall grass. Wish I could have spend the 400 bucks 2-3 years ago, I'd have a 140JD with 3 spool lift in my yard along with the rest. Liked the looks of them as they had 'baby' 4020 farm tractor looks.

I have a few green machines in my shed.They have the name Bolens on them They were close to Simplicity (made in the same city) Bob

plastikosmd
I like some of the bolens machines, esp the bigger series 1050 or something. that is a great price for a 425, wow

I also have some green machines in the yard that will be restored and sold to build up the tractor fund for my eventual goal of an AC 720. Even have some Red tractors for the same reason as well as yellow & white ones. They are all good machines and I appreciate anything made with the quality these older machine have. So keep the pictures coming regardless of color.

joshuaareed
I too have a little Green machine in the garage. I got it for my 7 year old son and he loves it. It is a 1978 John Deere 100 with a mower deck, 38" Blower and chains. Great little machine, and he has a ball just driving it around. If you look close you can see the 4x4 block I installed in the clutch pedal.

plastikosmd
that is cute looks like the size of that little one in cojo's sig..very cool, RBT is prob the safest to learn on I would say

RBT is prob the safest to learn on I personnly have to disagree, open belts and shafts so kids learn how to be aware of danger, like the ole farm machinery I grew up around, 60 foot flat belt, OH wow, we have a pto shaft, this is cool. grain elevators run by jack shafts 8 feet long turning 6 inches off the ground, thanks dad for teaching me, this stuff can hurt you. Why, shoot, our pitch forks even had sharp tines on them, worn to razor edge. Today we have a real problem because 1 in 7000 children involved in a car wreck IN A CAR SEAT gets killed. This MUST be fixed, heard it on the news.

plastikosmd
no doubt when I grew up also we were not as big on 'saftey' If I told you how many trips I made to the ER. Frankly I am lucky to be here. While I did it, I may have not done it the right way. I'm not saying wrap them in bubble wrap, but a RBT is a great choice for learning on.

Wasn't pickin at you or anything Scott. Wrap 'em up in bubble wrap, I like that, describes Todays thought well.

plastikosmd
grin, never felt picked on..no worries! just a conversation and a beer...errr where's my beer

Marty, those flat belts are deadly. My Grandfather Pope was killed at a sawmill when he got caught in one. :( But, I do agree that the safety nuts go too far a lot of the time. Bubble wrap and so many safety guards a machine cannot perform it's real function is going too far. Common sense and intelligence have to be the biggest part of the equation.

those flat belts are deadly Won't dispute that fact Roy, I dived more then once whrn the tractor would slide on the snow/mud and the belt would come fling off the feed grinder or the corn sheller. Dang things would go half across the yard. Then I'd catch heck for not having the tractor properly blocked up, even if the blocks were slid along in the mud. Great Times, them drill sargents had no clue why I thought they were kittens.:D