Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest Haul

xenon172

I picked this up the other day because it got my curiosity up because of what's in it rather than what it is. It's a Wheel Horse Raider 10, vintage 1970, but has a Tecumseh cast iron 10 hp engine which is something I have not worked on. Add an original solid state ignition and I just had to have it. Overall the tractor is very solid and has a 42" deck which is also very good so this will be a restoration project to add to my to do list. The tractor isn't a collectible as far as I know but I want to get it back to as close as possible to factory especially now that Tecumseh is no longer with us. I guess this will near the top of my list while parts for the engine are still available at a somewhat reasonable price

bigtenboy65
i sold a wheel horse c120 the other month, i got 125 for it and i paid 80 at a mud sale

The HH series engines are pretty good, when I heard about Tecumseh folding I stocked up on spare parts. I have a couple MF12's and a 10hp Sears Suburban with this type of engine. Last week my Tecumseh dealer told me they may be staying in business after all.

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
That's in nice shape.Tecumseh is closing?
Tecumseh has already closed as of December. If anybody has taken over their production I haven't heard that yet

She's definitely a keeper! The seat looks perfect. I have a few Wheelhorses and they are good machines.. Andy Waldorf Md

quote:
Originally posted by albj93
She's definitely a keeper! The seat looks perfect. I have a few Wheelhorses and they are good machines.. Andy Waldorf Md
Good call, the seat is perfect. There are no rips, splits, cracks, scuffs or holes. An old seat in this condition is a rare find on any garden tractor regardless of make. It is probably worth more than what the tractor cost. It has already been removed and put in a safe place.

As far as I know Tecumseh did not go out of business, they just stopped making engines. They are still producing the peerless transmissions and other parts.

OK I searched it and the engine division was sold to Certified Parts Corporation(CPC) and on Feb 5 Peerless was sold to Husgvarna Outdoor Products. CPC will continue to supply parts and honor warranties.