Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-212 question

GWGAllisfan

GWGAllisfan
Got two questions on a B-212: 1. the positive batter cable runs over the main frame and tank support on it's way to the solenoid. What concerns me is that if this wears through from vibration, a dead short results. Has anyone else seen this and developed an alternate routing or way to protect this cable? Also what are the proper belt length for the PTO and mower drive on a 42" deck on this tractor? The decks I have are both the ones like would have come on the B-10/B-110 or a later 1690252 type like came factory on 7000 series. I looked it the attachment and belt reference, but can't seem to get it clear ion my head which ones.

Randy, If I recall correctly, my positive cable is secured by a plastic covered clamp on the side of the support. You could also split a piece of rubber or plastic hose and slip it over your cable to protect it. If I am reading the chart correctly, the pto belt is 29.2" and the cross drive is 47.5" for the older decks. If you are using a new style deck on the B212 it might be a trial and error situation. I usually trust Brenda at Sandy Lake Imp. to sell me the correct belts. Good luck, Jim

Is that a longer wheel-based tractor? The standard wheel-base units would use a 34" belt(PTO) and 44-45" (deck). It is important with the pto system to read the lengths when the pto is pulled halfway out from its stop(it retracts rearward). That changes the distance from the top pulley slightly and the alignment a lot. One dealer I talked to said they had 3 sizes of belts listed for the PTO position, but they were all within 33"-35" range. It depended on specific pulleys used and how much stretch the pto was pulled forward to.

The B-212 is the long wb Soverign class tractor. It is the same as the Simplicity 3212V. It uses the 29.2" pto belt.