Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller for broadmoor

perry

did they make a tiller for the 1960's style broadmoors ?. any pics ???. i tryed to check myself, but have a had time browseing threw the simple tractors main site due to the alert thing that keeps popping up. sm00

No, the 2 speed Broadmoors have no rear PTO to run a tiller. The 3 speeds - 728, 738, and 5010 all have a 30" tiller available. There is a stub shaft out the LH side of the trans that is live when the clutch pedal is up - it is the opposite end of the trans input shaft. A pulley get put on it to drive the tiller, and the tiller has a clutch on it for engagement. I can't recall the two ID numbers - maybe 990630 was the early one. I once modified a 2 speed case and used a 3 speed input shaft - had to machine the LH case to open it up and hold a seal for the shaft. I can't remember if it used a blind hole to begin with, or if it was a bearing with a capped end. Tim

You can just swap out a trans from a 728 into your older Broadmoor. I have one in mine just so I can use a tiller on it. Tom

Here is a pic of a 990930 I picked up back in November. Haven't mounted it yet, but it's getting close to that time!:D I am sure looking forward to trying it.